• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich Hero
    replied
    </span>
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]original of Detroit City by Bobby Bare, according to Google, but i only know the Tom Jones version...
    <span =''>...and Tom's version is worth a listen. On 'The Green, Green Grass Of Home' with some other great tracks - Mohair Sam for start.

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    original of Detroit City by Bobby Bare, according to Google, but i only know the Tom Jones version...

Leave a comment:

• happy monster
    replied
    cheers bongolia.

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    'On Broadway' and 'Detroit City' are on 'Watch What Happens', which has basically the same cover as the other one, but a red background and a different girl. nice version of Scarborough Fair on there too.

Leave a comment:

• happy monster
    replied
    Roy Budd in disguise, nice one LDJB.

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Have a look at my February chart - that one's not got those tracks on it but it's great all the same.

Leave a comment:

• happy monster
    started a topic Detroit City

Detroit City

just been playing some of the weekends pickings, getting down to the bottom of the barrel now, to be precise i was playing 'the golden hour presents a stereo showcase' it was pretty crap until 'detroit city' by 'John Brown Jnr's go go music' kicked in, jesus! what a track sounds a bit bluenotes to me anyone else heard of this track, who done the original? theres another track by john brown as well, a pretty good version of 'on broadway' .
Working...
X