Spooky!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spooky!

Don't all laught at this...but we just finished a little microsite for David Cassidy...and I crap you not but his cover of 'Spooky' starts off pure funky hip hop!

http://www.touchofblue.co.uk

Its hilarious!

Got me thinking on other (better&#33 covers of the dusty classic.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

London Moods Orchestra version is
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

That London Moods Orchestra one is pretty good indeed, but just how tricky is it to find other Lps by them ? In the year or so since I found that DLP, I&#39;ve not seen or heard of *anything* by them, either digging or on eBay etc.

On the 70s funky rock tip, I&#39;d suggest the Atlanta Rhythm Section version.
      Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Nov. 04 2003,14:15)]That London Moods Orchestra one is pretty good indeed, but just how tricky is it to find other Lps by them ? In the year or so since I found that DLP, I&#39;ve not seen or heard of *anything* by them, either digging or on eBay etc.

On the 70s funky rock tip, I&#39;d suggest the Atlanta Rhythm Section version.
        And I have a copy of that for trading, that I don&#39;t *need*. I do need the LMO version though.

Obviously Dusty&#39;s version is great, and &#39;Catwalk&#39; owes a certain debt to &#39;Spooky&#39; methinks...
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (sermad @ Nov. 04 2003,14:02)]Don&#39;t all laught at this...but we just finished a little microsite for David Cassidy...and I crap you not but his cover of &#39;Spooky&#39; starts off pure funky hip hop&#33;

http://www.touchofblue.co.uk

Its hilarious&#33;

Got me thinking on other (better&#33 covers of the dusty classic.
          Strictly speaking, its the Classics IV classic. They wrote it and had the original US hit.
          Endless Tripe

Comment

...and Classics IV later became Atlanta Rhythm Section. Circles eh &#33;
            Matt Hero

Comment

Ah. I wasnt sure if the dusty one was the og - just the one I seem to hear EVERYWHERE (Hasn&#39;t it been used on about 5 billion adverts?).
              www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

The &#39;Do Re Mi Children&#39;s Choir&#39; version is the best one I&#39;ve heard. I&#39;ve been after a copy of that for a few years but I still haven&#39;t found one or any info either. Anyone know what album it&#39;s on or if there&#39;s a 45 or anything at all?

PS Those David Cassidy pictures are hilarious. He needs to get himself some incontenence pants.

Comment

Not a bad intro at all... bizarre.

Do Re Me Children&#39;s Choir is the best ver for me...
                  http://wakeupanddie.com
                  http://weirdgearnyc.com
                  http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] ]Do Re Me Children&#39;s Choir is the best ver for me...
                    I really like that too but I always wish those bloody kids would stop shouting&#33;&#33;
                    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

The Do-ReMi Children&#39;s Chorus is truly 1 of the best
                      but then again Howard Roberts does a killer
                      electric guitar w/ organ rippin&#39; instro of it too
                      on his OUT OF SIGHT LP on Capitol with equally
                      funky rippin guitar/organ/bass/drums instros of I think
                      A.C. Jobim&#39;s &quot;WAVE&quot; and many other covers and
                      a couple of originals.

Get all of HR&#39;s LP&#39;s on Capitol for that killer funk guitar/organ/
                      bass and drums early to mid 1960&#39;s sound.

HR is the Hal Blaine of studio guitarists for the US.
                      He did everything from straight ahead jazz guitar to the
                      Beach Boys, to Elvis and everything else in between.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Nov. 04 2003,16:59)]
                        Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] ]Do Re Me Children&#39;s Choir is the best ver for me...
                        I really like that too but I always wish those bloody kids would stop shouting&#33;&#33;
                        I likes the shouting. Andy Williams does a nice easy version of &#39;Spooky&#39;.

Comment

There&#39;s also a wicked funky big band version by Bob Jung &amp; His Orchestra on their obscure Command LP &#39;Jung&#33;&#39;. Top sleeve too..
                          Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Nov. 04 2003,15:53)]The &#39;Do Re Mi Children&#39;s Choir&#39; version is the best one I&#39;ve heard. I&#39;ve been after a copy of that for a few years but I still haven&#39;t found one or any info either. Anyone know what album it&#39;s on or if there&#39;s a 45 or anything at all?

PS Those David Cassidy pictures are hilarious. He needs to get himself some incontenence pants.
                            Woo&#33;

I&#39;ve got a Do Re Mi with rather listenable versions of (believe it or not) &quot;Born Free&quot; and &quot;Ding Dong the Witch is Dead&quot;.

(Nobody likes children&#39;s choirs, but we do like big drums right, so it&#39;s kind of a trade-off).

Apart from those two tracks I&#39;ve never listened properly, I&#39;ll check if it&#39;s got &quot;Spooky&quot; on it too and get back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (sermad @ Nov. 04 2003,14:02)]Got me thinking on other (better&#33 covers of the dusty classic.
                              One of which is most certainly not the version on the Gary Walker and The Rain LP (the bootleg re-issue, naturally). Psych-types froth over the album but it&#39;s never done much for me. . .it sounds very hastily recorded and given that the band was put together around Mr Walker his drumming skills aren&#39;t all that good.

And if I can niftily combine matters Walker with the Classics IV - check out Scott Walker&#39;s version of &#39;Stormy&#39; from &#39;Til The Band Comes In&#39;. Lovely bit of Peter Knight business.
                              The Pop Music Library

Comment

Working...
                              X