X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand slam

....?
    http://www.djhistory.com

Disques in islington have loads mate. Good read so far! Nice punk funk article, portishead interview was great. Gonna read more on my tea break.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Mine arrived in the post yesterday.... not had a proper chance to read yet either. And, for once the CD comes off the cover without removing half the cover in the process
      Matt Hero

Comment

Is my Soul Stars &amp; Their Spaceships series in there?
        http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Yup, inside the back cover.
          Matt Hero

Comment

Any word on the new album in that Portishead interview?

Comment

I thought portishead had split up for good? They all had nervous breakdowns and such...

The vultures get a chart and the Terry Cavendish LSD001 gets a nice review too. Well done boyz.

Comment

There&#39;s been stories of a new album for a long time. As far as I know they&#39;re still together. That Beth Gibbons album was great but I could do with a proper Portishead one.

Comment

Have you check stephanie mcKay? Geoff Barrow produced it. Quite nice.

http://www.stephaniemckay.com/mckayF.html

Comment

Cheers sermad. I was not aware of that one. The clips on the site sound pretty nice. I shall have to check it out properly.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] ]The Vultures get a chart. Well done boyz.

... but it&#39;s that long since I wrote it, I can remember any of the ten records I picked &#33;

damn my memory &#33; must be all the      

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Nov. 07 2003,11:58)]Is my Soul Stars &amp; Their Spaceships series in there?
                        That&#39;s got to be the most obscure thing to write an article about I&#39;ve heard of&#33;

Made me just reading about it.

Speaking of magazines, has anybody read a copy of Don Diva?

One got left on our stall at Southport and we were in two minds if it was for real or a wind up.

For those who don&#39;t know it, it seems to be written by Hip Hop listening drug dealers for Hip Hop listening drug dealers.

The one I read had articles on how to get off a drug charge, what to do when you are caught in possession of a handgun, great drug dealers 70&#39;s-present day, a Heckler &amp; Koch briefcase that holds one of their submachine guns and can fire when the case is closed, fishtanks for your crib that can hold 300 gallons of water (a cross between glub glub and bling bling) and truck rigs that can be converted for &#036;100,000 into huge SUV style people carriers.

Check the website:

http://www.dondivamag.com/

Here&#39;s a flavour of what it&#39;s like....

&quot;SHOWER POSSE

True Story - Curly Locks lifted the man up from the ground and swiftly slit his throat. The man&#39;s wife saw what happened and vomit instantly poured from her mouth. The man fell to the carpet and kicked slowly until he was dead.

Curly Locks went over to the man&#39;s pregnant wife and said, &quot;You don&#39;t want to die, do you?&quot; Her mouth was gagged, so she shook her head, indicating &#39;no&#39; as tears rolled down her cheeks. Curly Locks placed his knife&#39;s slender blade on her breast then pulled his pistol from his waistband.

Within seconds he hammered the metal point into the woman&#39;s chest with his gun handle, driving the blade deep into her heart...&quot;

Unbelievable

Makes

look like

He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (sermad @ Nov. 07 2003,12:41)]Have you check stephanie mcKay? Geoff Barrow produced it. Quite nice.

http://www.stephaniemckay.com/mckayF.html
                          I see Nick Ingman arranged the strings on this. I guess that&#39;s down to the Portishead connection. Adrian Utley, Clive Dreamer et al are on there too. Good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                          X