I Love Being on Holiday Part 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love Being on Holiday Part 3

Much slimmer pickings today, but some absoloute gems!!!

Duncan Lamont - This Guy - Some really cool Hammond work on here inc. versions of Ode to Billy Joe, The Son of Hickory Holler's Tramp and Stay in my room.

The World of Johhny Howard - Like so many charity shop lp's, if you were just going by cover you'd never buy this lp in a million years. Johhny is sitting smiling on the front wearing a cardigan that even your grandad wouldn't be seen dead in. Don't overlook this lp though. This was selling for around £30 a couple of months ago on the Bay due to there being some serious Barbera Moore scat business happening. Great versions of Light my Fire, Aquarius and Ode to Billy Joe (again). This is a double.

Big J H - Hammond Organ Dance Party - My girlfriend's going to kill me if she finds I've bought this again. I just can't control myself!!

Prepare for todays gem....

Ted Taylor Organisation/The Mike Sammes Singers - Hymns a Swinging - My second copy now after I purchased my first for a big wad of cash from Johnny Trunk. This one cost me slightly less, 49p!! This is an awesome lp, so many great tracks, breaks etc. This is going on the Bay unless someone offers me a very juicy trade.

Also forgot to mention that I found a spare copy of the Daly Wilson Big Band - The Exciting, which again is going on the Bay unless a juicy trade comes my way.

Roll on tomorrow and day 4 of my journey!

mark your just making this up!!!

ya bastard!

Email with me some wants for the mike sammes.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Yep, who knows where llmod1 lives? He obviously has far too little competition in that part of town.

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Rich, there are advantages to living in the ghetto!
        :biggrin:

Comment

</span>
          Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] ]Quote: from llmod1 on 3:51 pm on April 16, 2003
          Rich, there are advantages to living in the ghetto!
          :biggrin:
          <span =''>

Really? I live in the 'hood and the charity shops are shit. Good if you like soca though (which I don't)...
          http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

You need to move to the South London/ Kent borders and keep it real!

Comment

</span>
              Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] ]Quote: from llmod1 on 3:56 pm on April 16, 2003
              You need to move to the South London/ Kent borders and keep it real!
              <span =''>

That's not the ghetto, that's Nuremberg judging by all the Nazis operating in that area!
              http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Comment

New Addington? Am I warm???
                  You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Freezing!

Comment

Orpington?

Comment

cold

Comment

dulwich!
                          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Eltham!

Comment

Getting warm Rich!!

Comment

Working...
                              X