No announcement yet.

Flexidiscs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic idea for a book—a flexible consumer history of 60s/70s/80s Britain spiced with a bit of DIY. Since a lot of those are promotional issues for companies I bet they have resonant visuals and logos and slogans. Strong Trunk vibe. And fantastic to have your collection put to use! I am sure a copy will end up on my library.
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

cheers, I know a fair few blokes (it's usually blokes) who will want a copy too - I'm surprised it hasn't been done before to be honest.
      With the 100+ that I took in for them to consider I have over twice that amount still on my shelves so a second volume isn't impossible!
      The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

a sweet flexi find this morning whilst out & about

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Q: when is a record not a record?
          A: when it's a party invitation!
          It's a flexi-disc but has no music/speech on either side and it comes in a proper 7" sleeve but is actually just a invitation.

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
            "mod gear and miniskirts"

Comment

A friend who runs a bookshop got in touch to say he had this unusual find for me earlier today.
              Well aware of my debilitating condition Flexdiscia, he kindly let me have it for nowt.
              Featuring excerpts from the 1970 stage production of the musical Catch My Soul and introduced
              by PJ Proby it has great photos inside the A4 sized booklet - with fantastic graphics on the rear of the sleeve.

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

nice find at the car boot this morning, it has the music of Big Wheel (aka Barry Blue) released on Bell Records in 1973,
                but with motorbikes revving up over the top on this edition

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

A nice find just this morning in a charity shop where the guy who runs it is really rude (not just to me but to pretty much everybody)
                  but he's actually a bit of sweetheart having been homeless for years and has now been given a animal charity shop with flat above to look after,
                  even so he still moans all the time. He let me have this 10" coloured vinyl flexi-disc for 20p and then told me to fuck off! haha

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

move over Aspel a new flexi-disc has just been discovered! listen up

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Yeah, but did Noel chat them up like Aspel, the sly old devil?

Comment

Now Noel seems to spend much of his waking life finding out about 'Lloyds'
                        Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

I had a great day meeting with DJ Food & Jonny Trunk in that London today to discuss the Flexi-Disc book
                          due to be published in the new year, more news when I get it! A gallery of some of my flexis can be seen here: flexible friends
                          The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Your gallery is fantastic - looking forward to the book...
                            In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

I hope the book isn't going to be hardback...

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
                                I hope the book isn't going to be hardback...
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	_215648_steve_coogan_150.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	1046888
                                "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Working...
                                X