Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare french library lp

hello everyone,

i'm new round these parts, and also a relative newcomer to library music so, in advance, please excuse my ignorance! i e-mailed sie at the weekend and asked if he could help me in identifying this french LP i paid the earth for, no-one seems to know anything about it that i've asked.. sie didn't either so he suggested i post here and that sermad might be able to help me. if anyone has the minutest idea as to it's origins & value etc then i will be eternally grateful. sooo here goes!

title is 'Industriel Et Contemporain' and in the bottom right hand corner on the front cover it has 'Musax' printed in large white caps and surrounded by a white box so i'm assuming that this is the label that it's on. as far as french library imprints go i'm only familiar with - IM, Telemusic and Montparnasse 2000 although i guess there must be smaller ones. never heard of Musax before though, there doesn't seem to be any mention on the net anywhere either. composers are - J. Sherylee, H. Giordano.. these two have 3 tracks each on side A, Sherylee's tracks are fairly normal quite short spacey synth pieces which sound very demonstrative, probably these might have been composed to show what the particular synth used could do. titles are Desert Drama, Avant and Profondeur and instrumentation is described in french, on track 1, as violons synthetiques, mouvements lents, tension.. track 2 as violons synthetiques, ralenti and on track 3 as violons synthetiques, fantastique et lent. all H. Giordano pieces are described as 'vibrations' and titles are Superstructure, Cosmetic Sifolio and Pinky Punky. these 3 are very avant-garde soundscape musique concrete pieces, vertially unlistenable in fact! theres a 2nd Sherylee track on side B which is much more improv and experimental & has a more live feel to it and other composers on side 2 are J. Fadia, G. Gesina and - the reason i paid through the roof to own it - 2 tracks by the duo of Eddie Warner and Roger Roger! there are 2 tracks by them right at the end, just over 3 minutes each and also fairly avant, lots of random percussion and mad fx. titles are Sensitive Space and Milky Sphere.
    there's nothing to suggest what year it came out although i reckon perhaps mid to late 70's, someone i know who's quite up on library stuff suggested 80's but surely by the 80's eddie warner would have retired, that's my reasoning. the general atmosphere seems to suggest that a lot of the equipment used was fairly new anyway.

well that's it, if anyone can shed any light i would be hugely appreciative. cheers in advance

has anyone here heard of it? it'd be nice to know if i've got the ultimate rarity on my hands, not that i'm ever selling it! anyone come across it before or seen it on your travels etc, been offered it or seen the name mentioned? any info at all, no matter if seemingly useless and of no help, would be a great help i assure thee

Comment

I wonder whether H Giordiano is any relation to (or indeed the same person as) Jacky Giordiano who did a lot of stuff for various French libraries in the 70s?

That useless enough for you?

I'm not the greatest expert of French libraries (now if it was German......) but if I come up with any info, I'll put it here.

Comment

I know that Jacky Giordano recorded on the French
        TIMING library under the alias of Henri Giordano

Could very well be him

Jack

Comment

ta very much guys, thats incredibly helpful and, at last, summat to go on! i shall keep researching but in the meantime, if anyone could keep their eyes and ears open for any mention of J. Sherylee, J. Fadia, G. Gesina etc any time place or where then that would be extremo muchly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Jack @ Nov. 13 2003,04:29)]I know that Jacky Giordano recorded on the French
            TIMING library under the alias of Henri Giordano

Could very well be him

Jack
            He also recorded on the Timing series (a Brull/French issue) as Jacky Giordiano - he was under his own name on the first LP.

I'm pretty sure this is the same composer.
            Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Working...
            X