Early in the week touches.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early in the week touches.

A few bits, copped from a young guy who trawls the heart land of Lancashire each week & then rings me with his spoils. 'cause i'm working a lot more in the days (bring back night duty) he gets to spots before me. He aint a digger & seems to be paying his board @ his mams off a me!! Allways carries the record guide though so no 50p's

Pink Floyd - More OST (Rarest Orig)
    Sly Stone - Rec San Fran '64-67 (US)
    Oscar Peterson - Night train
    Cream - Disraeli Gears (Orig)
    Faust - The Faust Tapes
    Steve Hackett - Voyage of the Acolyte
    Bowie Decca comp - Decca
    Black Widow LP (CBS)
    Amazing Blondel - England

Stilletto - OST

Ive also had the 2 Electric Prune 45's on Reprise off my source in the last two weeks.
    Best digs this week so far:
    An un worn bright red Kangol (al James Todd Smith '88 stylie) 50p
    K-9 Posse CD (Love it when charity shops turn shit like this up&#33
    An LP on Argo w/ the dopest sleeve called "Rhyme & Rhythm Poems & Songs for Children"
    Also got a Cavendish LP No. 10 W/ Ray Davies input!!
    Word up
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (BoneyVotel @ Nov. 11 2003,20:02)]A few bits, copped from a young guy who trawls the heart land of Lancashire each week & then rings me with his spoils. 'cause i'm working a lot more in the days (bring back night duty) he gets to spots before me. He aint a digger & seems to be paying his board @ his mams off a me!! Allways carries the record guide though so no 50p's

Pink Floyd - More OST (Rarest Orig)
    Sly Stone - Rec San Fran '64-67 (US)
    Oscar Peterson - Night train
    Cream - Disraeli Gears (Orig)
    Faust - The Faust Tapes
    Steve Hackett - Voyage of the Acolyte
    Bowie Decca comp - Decca
    Black Widow LP (CBS)
    Amazing Blondel - England

Stilletto - OST

Ive also had the 2 Electric Prune 45's on Reprise off my source in the last two weeks.
    Best digs this week so far:
    An un worn bright red Kangol (al James Todd Smith '88 stylie) 50p
    K-9 Posse CD (Love it when charity shops turn shit like this up&#33
    An LP on Argo w/ the dopest sleeve called "Rhyme & Rhythm Poems & Songs for Children"
    Also got a Cavendish LP No. 10 W/ Ray Davies input!!
    Word up
    Nice stuff...

I've still got a black Kangol somewhere I bought from 4 Star General in about '86. Like Bagpuss it's a little bit saggy at the seams....

Do you know Kelvin Brown by the way?
    He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Kelvin Brown? dont ring no bells??

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (BoneyVotel @ Nov. 11 2003,20:02)]Steve Hackett - Voyage of the Acolyte
        It's a strange thing, but somehow I didn't expect to ever see a Steve Hackett album listed on VV.

Top stuff, and you should see him live. His brother John plays OG Taurus Bass Pedals on a few songs - goes right through you and back again. Happy judderin' memories.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (BoneyVotel @ Nov. 11 2003,22:15)]Kelvin Brown? dont ring no bells??
          He plays at the Electric Chair and used to work in Vox Pop.

I thought he said he knew you (not that I know you of course, apart from us sharing a liking of old Kangol hats) when I was talking to him a couple of weeks ago and mentioned that some Mancunian residents (you, Chris, etc) post on this board.

I Could of got it wrong, and all that...
          He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

I reckon I do know him, most probally don't recognise his full name. We only deal in street names down on the ground! If he worked in Vox Pop then I will know him.
            On a different point any one in M/cr area on the last Friday of each month?? then come dow to the Attic (above the Thirsty Scholar near Oxford Road.) New night which started last month with me & my old time DJ partner Adam Leaver + Bobby El Torro Grooves (DJ formally named Chubby Grooves, remember Ear Drum anyone?) & G-CUT.
            The night is called "pinata", the flyers are dope & have a play on the Fania logo.... the reason being were mostly playing New York FUNK, LATIN SOUL......SALSA (from the Chubster) JAZZ & block party styled HIP HOP. Musically there aint a night in Manchester to touch it, big & rare records along side cheap & chearful classics! (no shit records though) Please show your faces
            B music down at Cord bar on a Friday is rocked by Andy Votel, Dom, John McCready & occasionally me. Here you get the mad psych tip & all that surrounds it.

Comment

Working...
            X