I Love Being on Holiday Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love Being on Holiday Part 2

Not as much as yesterday although still a couple of nice pieces to keep and a few to trade/sell.

The Best of the Young Generation
    The Young Generation

2 Lp's by this kooky bunch doing semi funky covers of hits of the day plus some more obscure choices. Plenty of scat business has made these lp's pretty popular on the Bay.

Zapp - Computer Love/More Bounce to the Ounce 12"

Young Disciples - Get Yourself Together - (imo the best band to come out of the acid jazz boom!)

MARRS - Pump up the Volume - Probably the most commercial cut and paste track but still pretty good.

The Shadows - Specs Appeal - Don't ignore these Shadows LP's, there are some funky moments to be had.

John Barry - The Quiller Memorandum - Sitting right at the font of a bin in a charity shop! Mint copy!!

12 Tops - Todays Top Hits - Breaks on Aint no Sunshine.

And to top the day off a guy is coming round tonight to give me £160 for a UK psych lp that I found for peanuts.

what's the uk psych lp?
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Harsh Reality - Heaven and ####

Comment

is that the one with a rarely crap sleeve with loads of semi-naked band members covered in unconvincing fake blood? ####, I thought that was worth about £60 at the most...

Comment

er...that should be 'really carp'

Comment

John, to be honest, I thought that this was what its worth too. The guy buying it was the second highest bidder on a recent Ebay auction. He seems more than happy to pay this price. Apparently he's been looking for it for years. Maybe it's one of those times when the price guide doesn't really reflect an items real worth??

Comment

Working...
            X