Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kpm online!

Hi everyone.

I was just talking to a lady on the phone from De Wolfe (sydney office) regarding a track (THE GONK) and she told me that KPM plan to put all of there early vinyl tracks online so people can download them!!!! Of course you have to register with them first. Do you think this'll reduce the value of original KPM's??

D
    God bless Fatso.

only the shite ones

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (soundsville @ Nov. 12 2003,06:19)]Hi everyone.

I was just talking to a lady on the phone from De Wolfe (sydney office) regarding a track (THE GONK) and she told me that KPM plan to put all of there early vinyl tracks online so people can download them!!!! Of course you have to register with them first. Do you think this'll reduce the value of original KPM's??

D
      The very name and ethic of this site should shout out fairly loud and clear that original vinyl is always highly sought-after and collected, just like stamps. Vinyl records and downloaded sound files are two completely different animals. For most people on this board, being able to listen to tracks from the KPM library online would be more likely to fuel desire to own the original LPs than lessen it.
      Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

What a great idea, good on them!
        http://wakeupanddie.com
        http://weirdgearnyc.com
        http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

I don't see the point of it if they don't reissue them all on cd.... (There main goal will have to be selling the stuff )

Comment

the good stuff that I manage to download I normally try and buy. A try before you buy option if you like. It may just increase the value of the good originals
            Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

I'm not an expert here, but I think library music companies are generally moving towards electronic delivery... it allows customers to search and sample the whole catalogue, it means that usage isn't limited to customers who receive limited pressings of a particular disc ... presumably most big users have the resources to download decent quality files, and I expect that the library companies can burn CDs to order as well.
              It ain't shakey

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (dr kraken @ Nov. 12 2003,15:26)]I'm not an expert here, but I think library music companies are generally moving towards electronic delivery...  
                I agree. I had the same experience recently when I spoke to two library companies in the US. First they refered me to a website where I would have been able to listen to snippets, when I asked about full versions they offered MP3 files which they would have eMailed or burned on a CDR.
                I did not inquire about the format of the final delivery once you decide to license a track (as I had no intention to do that anyway...) but I think it would be very strange if they did not go all the way to electronic delivery.

Comment

Working...
                X