A vinyl vulture chrimbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A vinyl vulture chrimbo

This isn't a secret santa idea a la Soulstrut, but more a basic ting I thought that y'all might want to entertain.

How about we all do a mix CD/tape whatever of your most cherished scribes of the moment, put all the names into a hat and draw pairs as to who receives which mix.

Can't remember if VV did that last year - I think so, but last time I got left out . So I'm putting the seed in the soil for the rest of yous to germinate.

Include tracklistings or keep it squirrel - whatever....

Nopt necessarily an OG idea but I wouldn't mind receiving an Xmas CD from, say, the dark recesses of deepest Edinburgh.

Anybody else?

Ahhh.. the Vulture Xmas Mix Swap. Indeed Greg, this did go down last yuletime, with some splendid xmas beats being laid down by one and y'all.

Yup, I'm definitely in.. It's a great happening that's a perfect example of what makes being a part of this community so damn lovely.
    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Oh dear, I *still* owe Dr. Kraken and Formigo tapes from Easter. Can you email me your postal addy's guys - I do have these recorded and ready to roll...

Where's the embarassed smiley?
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

good call! Last years CD/Tape exchange seemed to go down really well, so time to start thinking about another one this yuletide.

same format as last time, or has anyone got suggestions for improving things? twopen'th appreciated! lets mull it over for a day or two before asking for names...

Comment

Count me in
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Hmmmm, only 42 "mixing days" left til christmas...let's get it on.

..and Greg I'll try to remember your copy of the Boogaloo-Mania: latin-soul CD I did - & even put the CD in the box too - hope to bring it down on Friday...

Comment

i tried to get involved last year - i can't remember who i was supposed to be swapping with, but they didn't send me one and didn't ask for mine, so i'll give it a miss this time.

Comment

Not being a dj I could only do a md compilation type thing.
                So I'm out

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (pokester @ Nov. 12 2003,12:32)]Not being a dj I could only do a md compilation type thing.
                  So I'm out  
                  Hey, I'ld be more than happy to receive a straight compilation of tunes, pokey.

Come on matey - in you come!?

Comment

I'm kind of with Pokester on this one.

I can only transfer on to minidisc (at the moment), but I do have SL1210s, which I never use, so in theory at least I could do a mix. But it would be shocking!! Deck 2 hasn't even been switched on this year!

So, maybe I should bow out gracefully. But, owing to my recent good fortune with the library LPs, I could quite easily do some form of KPM selection? A sort of 'Best Of...' ?

Whatever.

Benicio
                    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Benicio Del Toffo @ Nov. 12 2003,12:41)]I'm kind of with Pokester on this one.

I can only transfer on to minidisc (at the moment), but I do have SL1210s, which I never use, so in theory at least I could do a mix. But it would be shocking!! Deck 2 hasn't even been switched on this year!

So, maybe I should bow out gracefully. But, owing to my recent good fortune with the library LPs, I could quite easily do some form of KPM selection? A sort of 'Best Of...' ?

Whatever.

Benicio
                      Come on people - it doesn't have to be a mix at all - how many of these babies are going to be beat mixed or have cuts and beat juggling anyway? A straight-up compilation is fine by me and most here I reckon.

Get involved and get into it.
                      Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Last year the CDR people swapped with the CDR people and the cassette people with the cassette people. There's no reason why the minidisc people can't swap this year as long as the numbers match.

I just did a straight compilation last year as I only had one turntable. It doesn't matter, the music is the important thing. I am back to two 1210s again so I will be mixing on my mix this year.

And Wooly, if you're worried about it not working out for you again then swap with me and you'll definitely get one.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Nov. 12 2003,13:13)]And Wooly, if you're worried about it not working out for you again then swap with me and you'll definitely get one.
                          ah c'mon then - i'm not one to be sore about stuff, maybe i'm being a bit bah humbug blighty. count me in then!  

Comment

So far then here's whos deffo in. Anubody else??

Vibra
                            Rich Hero
                            Belson
                            Chris Vulture
                            LDJB
                            Si Cheeba
                            Wooly
                            Blighty

Not bad for starters.

Comment

me!
                              www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL