Collecting hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collecting hair

i'm just wondering if collecting versions of the "hair" soundtrack without actually realising it, is a recognised condition? i seem to be picking them up, unable to leave in the racks.

anyone else find themselves doing this?

my latest version comes from "the aquarius" on marble arch and has a nice blue cover. not played it yet, though.

Its the same with me and jesus christ superstar lps...can't stop....the....addiction.....
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (wooly @ Nov. 13 2003,18:34)]my latest version comes from &quot;the aquarius&quot; on marble arch and has a nice blue cover. not played it yet, though.  
      Great version of &#39;Let The Sunshine In&#39; on that one.... one of, if not *the* best, version.
      Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] ]Its the same with me and jesus christ superstar lps...can&#39;t stop....the....addiction.....
        Probably going to put my copy of Roy Meriwether Trio&#39;s LP on the &#39;Bay this weekend (shameless plug, but I&#39;ve long since shed any last vestige of dignity).

Still liking The Disciples&#39; version best though. Who hell they?&#33;

Benicio
        Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Benicio Del Toffo @ Nov. 13 2003,19:00)]
          Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] ]Its the same with me and jesus christ superstar lps...can&#39;t stop....the....addiction.....
          Probably going to put my copy of Roy Meriwether Trio&#39;s LP on the &#39;Bay this weekend (shameless plug, but I&#39;ve long since shed any last vestige of dignity).

Still liking The Disciples&#39; version best though. Who hell they?&#33;

Benicio
          I&#39;m feeling the Roy Budd/RPO version at the mo...
          new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] ]i&#39;m just wondering if collecting versions of the &quot;hair&quot; soundtrack without actually realising it, is a recognised condition? i seem to be picking them up, unable to leave in the racks.
            Guilty&#33; Rich Hero has a bit of a Hair fetish too I understand.

Whilst we&#39;re on the subject does anyone have a copy of the Polymax version going spare? - I&#39;ve searched (the Net at least) to no avail&#33; You can&#39;&#39;t miss it - very grainy cover pic of a hippy lass who&#39;s forgotten to put a shirt (&amp; vest) on - please help me&#33;&#33;
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

woo&#33; yes, as i thought - there are a few of us&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Benicio Del Toffo @ Nov. 13 2003,19:00)]Still liking The Disciples&#39; version best though. Who hell they?&#33;
                The Alan Caddy Orchestra (possibly Cy Payne as MD), Brian Keith is the really gravelly singer.

I&#39;m with Sermad on this one - JCS is very addictive.

Comment

I&#39;ve got a bunch. I used to listen to them all quite heavily but I slowed down on collecting them when I slowed down on listening to them. As far as I&#39;m aware Rich has the most out of anyone here but that may be wrong. He does seem the be th boards Hair expert though.

Comment

Is the Marble Arch hair the one with this track? Because I recorded it onto my pc and then *lost* the chuffin lp and I couldnt be sure which hair it was from&#33;

Im a sucker for &#39;let the sunshine in&#39; (apart from god awful HOUSE MUSIC BOSH BOSH BOSH VERSIONS) and &#39;Aquarius&#39;.

Come to think of it - I dont actually have the graham walker version. Anyone got a spare?
                    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (sermad @ Nov. 13 2003,20:09)]Is the Marble Arch hair the one with this track? Because I recorded it onto my pc and then *lost* the chuffin lp and I couldnt be sure which hair it was from&#33;

Im a sucker for &#39;let the sunshine in&#39; (apart from god awful HOUSE MUSIC BOSH BOSH BOSH VERSIONS) and &#39;Aquarius&#39;.

Come to think of it - I dont actually have the graham walker version. Anyone got a spare?
                      wahey&#33; indeed it is, i&#39;ve just checked. top version&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Nov. 14 2003,03:55)]
                        Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (wooly @ Nov. 13 2003,18:34)]my latest version comes from &quot;the aquarius&quot; on marble arch and has a nice blue cover. not played it yet, though.
                        Great version of &#39;Let The Sunshine In&#39; on that one.... one of, if not *the* best, version.
                        Vinnie Bell does a killer version of that
                        on his LET THE SUNSHINE IN LP on Electric Sitar

Better than your fave version, Wooly

JD

Comment

i think i&#39;m coming down with a bad case of godspell/joseph and his amazing... (is there a cure?)
                          I want to go to the land of ooog!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (happy monster @ Nov. 13 2003,22:06)]i think i&#39;m coming down with a bad case of godspell/joseph and his amazing... (is there a cure?)
                            it&#39;s spreading, HM. i picked up a half-decent joseph the other day, too.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Jack @ Nov. 13 2003,22:02)]Vinnie Bell does a killer version of that
                              on his LET THE SUNSHINE IN LP on Electric Sitar

Better than your fave version, Wooly  

JD
                              don&#39;t know that one, jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X