Bley-peacock synthesiser show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bley-peacock synthesiser show

Has anyone seen this lp around recently? A guy in Bristol is holding a copy for me, and I was wondering just how hard it was to find - I've never seen another copy, and it certainly looks and sounds rare...
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

The nice thing about this sort of stuff is that it's very collectable so even if you don't like it you can usually find someone to trade or sell to. I've never heard of it though but a quick bit of searching round the interweb makes it sound appealing. In case you haven't turned this info up already John (I'm guessing you have).

BLEY-PEACOCK SYNTHESISER SHOW
    MR JOY
    ALBUM: REVENGE (POLYDOR)

Annette Peacock is a remarkable singer-  a kind of pissed off Kate Bush for eggheads. She was given a prototype Moog by its inventor in 1967. Immediately bypassing the comical aspects of its sound which fascinated and transfixed others, she fed her voice through it with beautiful, incredible, inspirational results. This unique LP didn't see release until 1971. Even then it still sounded twenty years ahead of its time.

http://www.mccready.cwc.net/moog.html

There's quite a bit of info on Google actually but I didn't see any copies for sale. I'd be interested to know what it's like if you do grab it, John.

Comment

It's in the same vein as Annette Peacock's "I'm the one" lp but a bit more crazy. Great record in a electro-pop-jazz style I would say.
      The only sure and foreseeable attribute of human affairs is their unforseeability; hence the trivialility of all the attempts in order to reduce the human action to a single reason, even interest.
      Albert O. Hirschman (The concept of interest: from euphemism to tautology/1986)

Comment

It's a fantastic LP. Took me a while to find it & was happy to pay £30.00 for it.
        You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

You're a big Annette fan aren't you Boney?

Benicio

PS Did you get my mail last week, Re: Cos?
          Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Benicio...
            Did'nt get an email? contact us again mate. Whats cos?
            I do like the odd bit of A. Peacock, not got any of her later lp's though. Some breaks on them aint there, ? big hip hop sample on the Perfect Release

Comment

sorry Circle of Sound I presume!

Comment

Has she been comped on something? Her names very familiar in that 'I'm sure I've heard her on some breaks comp' kind of way.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ Nov. 18 2003,11:46)]Has anyone seen this lp around recently? A guy in Bristol is holding a copy for me, and I was wondering just how hard it was to find  - I've never seen another copy, and it certainly looks and sounds rare...
                  I also have this and HATE it actually!

I think after this, I'll pop it onto the bay, cos I have all her LP's so I wont miss this. Revenge is exceptional however, in that it rates as one of the most awkward, mindlessly introspective and ultimately pretentious recordings commited to the studio.
                  Paul Bley Synthesiser Show on Milestone is infinitely superior and it grooves...............seriously.
                  Now that IS an essential electro-jazz beauty!
                  I was raised by wolves

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (La-Soul-Fiend @ Nov. 18 2003,22:25)]Paul Bley Synthesiser Show on Milestone is infinitely superior and it grooves...............seriously.
                    I've got that one - and the first solo Annette Peacock LP - but I think I'd differ on ratings. I've already heard the 'Revenge' album - I listened to most of it before I reserved it - and I thought musically it was stronger than either...but I just wasn't sure if it was 'worth' the asking price.

Comment

Although this view is strong, its simply a reflection of my personal tastes and in no way a put down on others. I have many records I absolutely love which good mates of mine despise and vica versa.
                      I really love Bley's milestone joint mainly for the wacked out analogue grooves of Mr. Joy & Parks, Mr. Joy being madly uplifting electronic Jazz with a smile. I first heard Kirk DeGiorgio play it out on his essential Kiss show a few years back. I bought all the Bley Peacock LP's looking for these 2 tunes untill I scooped the right one. BTW, people might wanna try Paul Bley's earlier work if they dig ever-so-slightly tilted Jazz without the more avant garde leanings.

I love abstract Jazz and have spent the larger part of the last 7 years acquiring it, but sometimes it all gets too wibbly for me. I need it to still be heavilly rhythmic and fat if I'm gonna like it. When it comes to US abstract Jazz I much prefer the european artists in exile type ish where you still can detect the traces of their roots like say, Miroslav Vitous or even Joe Zawinul.
                      I was raised by wolves

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ Nov. 19 2003,02:00)]
                        Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (La-Soul-Fiend @ Nov. 18 2003,22:25)]Paul Bley Synthesiser Show on Milestone is infinitely superior and it grooves...............seriously.
                        I've got that one - and the first solo Annette Peacock LP - but I think I'd differ on ratings. I've already heard the 'Revenge' album - I listened to most of it before I reserved it -  and I thought musically it was stronger than either...but I just wasn't sure if it was 'worth' the asking price.
                        Is it expensive then John?

Even vaguely?
                        I was raised by wolves

Comment

it's forty quid! (which is ten less than the Record Collector guide price)...but I've never seen it before, and there don't seem to be any on GEMM or Netsounds to compare prices with..it is mint though.

Comment

Wow! I really should put mine on the bay, but it would probably end at a stupid price and i'd be stuck then!
                            I was raised by wolves

Comment

Working...
                            X