• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (pokester @ Jan. 05 2004,09:31)]thanks alot rich,
    you realy spoiled us monsieur  
    But I didn't send any Ferrero Rocher.  Anytime pokester! I enjoyed putting those two comps together and I'm really enjoying your MD. Now to sell that kidney...

Leave a comment:

• pokester
    replied
    thanks alot rich,
    you realy spoiled us monsieur

Will send other goodies as soon as I have more time..

Leave a comment:

• son of stan
    replied
    there's some stuff on mr shury here, including the article i mentioned:

http://www.loadofold.com/boots/gerry_shury.html

Leave a comment:

• chrisvulture
    replied
    nice one Son of Stan...shall await eagerly news of mr Shury! as far as plexium goes, i've seen other 'Non-stop' ones around with the likes of Mike Morton arranging-no tempting tracks tho' from the look of the sleeve and those 'mark of true quality' typewriter font sleevenotes!

Leave a comment:

• son of stan
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (chrisvulture @ Dec. 10 2003,09:47)]thats from my   UK xmas funk LP! time to let it out of the bag...

'Non-stop xmas 20' on Plexium Records, arranged by a chap called Gerry Shury...c'mon Lord Thames...who was he?

half a dozen cracking xmas cheesings on one LP-find it!
    Gerry Shury was sort of a pioneer of uk-produced soul, he did a lot of work with Biddu. I'm sure I've got an old mag somewhere with an article on him - I'll try to dig it out and report back on anything of interest in due course.

Leave a comment:

• chrisvulture
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Motown67 @ Dec. 09 2003,20:45)]Just got my CD from Chris yesterday. Popped in in this morning while I was washing up to go to work. Sounded mighty good and he even threw in a x-mas song to start it all off!
    thats from my UK xmas funk LP! time to let it out of the bag...

'Non-stop xmas 20' on Plexium Records, arranged by a chap called Gerry Shury...c'mon Lord Thames...who was he?

half a dozen cracking xmas cheesings on one LP-find it!

Leave a comment:

• Motown67
    replied
    Just got my CD from Chris yesterday. Popped in in this morning while I was washing up to go to work. Sounded mighty good and he even threw in a x-mas song to start it all off!

Leave a comment:

• Col Wolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Sie Vulture @ Dec. 09 2003,09:10)]
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Urgh....still hungover from yesterday's post-Portman Rd celebrations
    ... and we've got you bloody farmers in the cup as well !

baaaaaah !

Yeah! I wonder who the Tractorboys will get in the next round.....

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Urgh....still hungover from yesterday's post-Portman Rd celebrations
    ... and we've got you bloody farmers in the cup as well !

baaaaaah !

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    MC - Have sent you an email via the board... hope you gerrit !

Leave a comment:

• mundayschild
    replied
    Yo!, Sie mate, i need yer addy. I'm ready to roll.
    So nice to see all this frightfully well mannered good will from all concerned!.

Leave a comment:

• Col Wolfe
    replied
    Urgh....still hungover from yesterday's post-Portman Rd celebrations but actually got to record my Chrimb'o3 comp for llmod1 today - it'll be in the post tomorrow fella!

Prepare yourself for 90 minutes of badly mixed beatfunk, odd soul + organ fuzzzzRAAAWWWWKKKKK....

Oh, Blighty dear boy, cheers for your package. Your 45, comp, ooooh + another 45 will also be posted tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• vibra
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ Dec. 03 2003,19:12)]well now mr. vibra - if i'm going to be joining in here, is folk/psych/funk ok?
    That sounds blinkin' marvellous John, cheers! I've got your address knocking about so I'll post you off a mix as soon as it's done - I'll pm you mine. My mix is going to be a jazzy, mellow beats affair.. although I'm thinking of doing a separate mix of sweet, smooth soul meeting slick disco for Sermad as I understand he's quite partial to that sort of gear..

Leave a comment:

• john stapleton
    replied
    well now mr. vibra - if i'm going to be joining in here, is folk/psych/funk ok?

Leave a comment:

• vibra
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (sermad @ Dec. 03 2003,14:21)]You've all got your mixes already? Damn. I'm half way through mine. Want to clock it before this weekend.
    No worries Serm - I'm almost done compiling my tracks and I'll also be laying down this bad boy by the weekend. And I guess in actually giving each other our mixes that bit closer to xmas, we're just being that little bit more festive, innit!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X