• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault on precinct 13 ost

taken from the Groove Distribution website:

"John Carpenter/ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 OST LP REC12LP $19.50
    John Carpenter/ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 OST CD REC12CD $19.50
    Back in 1976 JOHN CARPENTER made this cult classic action movie based (loosely) on FORT APACHE. The success (and money) from this film allowed him to go on to do HALLOWEEN. JOHN CARPENTER did all the music for this film (just as he would for HALLOWEEN and many later movies) and itÂ’s a mix of funky blaxploitation sounds and eerie synth bass. The soundtrack like the movie is dope as hell. Now RECORD MAKERS (a label owned by AIR) is releasing the soundtrack with all the love and care it deserves: the CD comes with a 16 page full color booklet with liner notes, photos and an exclusive interview with JOHN CARPENTER. The vinyl is a limited pressing of a 1,000 copies on 180g vinyl with a gatefold jacket and the same liner notes, etc as the CD. DonÂ’t sleep on this."

About bloody time!

But it isn't based on Fort Apache, it's based on Rio Bravo - Carpenter is a Howard Hawks fanatic far more than a John Ford one!
    http://wakeupanddie.com
    http://weirdgearnyc.com
    http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Its really funny because Megablast was one of the first records I ever bought! It sampled assault on precinct 13 and I only bought it because it was used as the main music to *the* best game of all time 'xenon 2'. How geeky is that! haha.

Gangster Boogie! Gangster Boogie!

Did anyone also see the bladeruner ost finally got a release. Its soooooo good. 80's synth madness in the house.
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I thought they just replayed the bassline. What are you on about re Blade Runner? That&#39;s always been available, hasn&#39;t it? Or was it CD only or something?
        http://wakeupanddie.com
        http://weirdgearnyc.com
        http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

I always thought they sampled the video tape - its some strange bass that john carpenter used (He talks about it on the dvd commentary I think).

Bladerunner has been out on cd and the one on vinyl is some god damn awful orchestral affair. But now its out on lovely vinyl. Its an ace score.
          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Has it gotten a proper release on vinyl? I know there&#39;s something that&#39;s been lurking around for a while. Probably a bootleg. But even that&#39;s impossible to find. There is at least one proper version on vinyl which I think is Brazillian. Also impossible to find. I&#39;m not sure if it was released at the same time as the film or later though. That said I&#39;m happy with my CD. It&#39;s a lovely Walkman album.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (sermad @ Nov. 24 2003,16:40)]Did anyone also see the bladeruner ost finally got a release. Its soooooo good. 80&#39;s synth madness in the house.
              I&#39;m assuming you&#39;re talking about the proper Vangelis score right? I&#39;ve got the shitty orchestral version and would like the Vangelis version....what label is it on and where can I buy it?

Comment

There are so many different releases of the soundtrack on cd..

The only official LP release was brazilian and is shit rare ..

There was another one on ebay the other day, lp, I suspect it to be bootleg though .. check&#33;
                salchicha&#33;

Comment

As I understand it Bomb the Bass replayed the theme rather than directly sampling it on &#39;Megablast&#39;

Sermad - thats the exact same reason why I bought that album, great game Xenon II &#33;

The Blade Runner OST has long been available on CD and the version on vinyl is a dodgy orchestra replaying Vangelis. I think the current vinyl version doing the rounds is a bootleg pressed up from the CD.

Anyone got any other info?
                  www.myspace.com/usofaudio
                  www.myspace.com/detectivesofperspective
                  www.detectivesofperspective.com/

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (sermad @ Nov. 24 2003,16:40)]Its really funny because Megablast was one of the first records I ever bought&#33; It sampled assault on precinct 13 and I only bought it because it was used as the main music to *the* best game of all time &#39;xenon 2&#39;. How geeky is that&#33; haha.

Gangster Boogie&#33; Gangster Boogie&#33;
                    Word, I loved that weapons shop dude that would be bangin&#39; some shit on his headphones and then he&#39;d notice you and say &quot;ruh ruh ruh rah ruh ruh rowr&quot;.

Yeah, boy&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (formigo @ Nov. 24 2003,22:59)]Gangster Boogie&#33; Gangster Boogie&#33;
                      Word, I loved that weapons shop dude that would be bangin&#39; some shit on his headphones and then he&#39;d notice you and say &quot;ruh ruh ruh rah ruh ruh rowr&quot;.

Yeah, boy&#33;[/QUOTE]
                      ha&#33; one of my favourite games, too. i&#39;d forgotten about the bloke in the weapons shop, though.

really loving the old games &quot;planetoid&quot; and &quot;tetrapod&quot; on the bbc micro at the moment, though.

Comment

shit&#33; I got an email from Groove Distribution and their shipment of the Assault On Precinct 13 soundtracks didn&#39;t arrive. why the hell did they put it up on their site if they didn&#39;t even get it in stock, damnit?

Comment

yeah, Xenon 2&#33;

housemate was listening to that Bomb the Bass album the other day - hadn&#39;t heard it for years and still knew it note for note, which was a little scary&#33; i like the second (?) Bomb the Bass album - Clear, although know one seems to know it besides Bug Powder Dust

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Nov. 25 2003,09:59)]i like the second (?) Bomb the Bass album - Clear, although know one seems to know it besides Bug Powder Dust
                            ...which contains that very scarey Will Self track if I recall. Not easy listening at all.

I think that the 2nd Bug Powder Dust 12&quot; was the first time I had ever heard K&amp;D too.... so maybe I was late on that one ?

I have the first Bomb The Bass album on CD - picked up from a cheapo shop a few years back. Now, I bet they didn&#39;t sell a whole load of those back in &#39;87 &#33;
                            Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Nov. 25 2003,09:59)]yeah, Xenon 2&#33;

housemate was listening to that Bomb the Bass album the other day - hadn&#39;t heard it for years and still knew it note for note, which was a little scary&#33; i like the second (?) Bomb the Bass album - Clear, although know one seems to know it besides Bug Powder Dust
                              Third. All the singles off that were superb (&#39;Darkheart&#39; especially) although I wasn&#39;t too sure about the track with Will Self...

And the second LP &#39;Unknown Territory&#39; was also pretty good too.
                              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                              X