• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who wants a moody then....

Courtesy of Timewarp Distribution,

THE GENTLE RAIN - ‘MOODY’
    Cat No: P-2310
    Released: 12th December 2003

Classed as holy grail to beat diggers and hip hop heads alike, fetches sums of up to £250 when it rarely comes up for sale, this UK only funk fest features the musical talents of Alan Hawkshaw, Brian Bennet and Nick Ingham who are the backbone of many of the heaviest KPM grooves and of course The Mohawks.

Stand out tracks are versions of Bill Withers "Use Me" a blistering floor filling version of ‘ I Feel The Earth Move’ and the break laden ‘Lonely Jelly’ which has been sampled and used by Original Gunn Clappaz's "Da Storm"

*ORIGINAL FULL COLOUR SLEEVE AND LABEL.
    *DIGITALLY CLEANED AND REMASTERED TO ENSURE LOUD CLUB PLAY.

Great copy checking, so good in fact it could have been done by me
    Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Nov. 26 2003,16:47)]Great copy checking, so good in fact it could have been done by me  
      Hacksaw, Benny & Ingram? Sounds a bit like pub rock meets Chris Tarrant.

Comment

This wasnt me btw.
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (sermad @ Nov. 26 2003,18:58)]This wasnt me btw.
          Sermad, If you buy the re-issue, can I have your original?
          salchicha&#33;

Comment

Inevitable wasn&#39;t it?

Now wait for the same kind of reaction as when Stark Reality got reissued and folks were all like, &quot;Is that it?&quot; and wipe the sweat of relief from their brow as they remembered backing out of the bidding before it hit £200&#33;&#33;

Trust Uncle Ben on this one, there are MANY better LPs out there and for a whole lot less money.

Surprised it wasn&#39;t you though Serms, would have thought you&#39;d have been the prime mover and not likely to miss the trick. Unless you were piss drunk during negotiations.

Then again, if it&#39;s not a great and lovingly rendered reissue, we&#39;d know that you had nowt to do with it.

Benicio Del Growing-a-fucking-afro
            Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

bootleg, then?
              We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

So is this a bootleg LP or what exactly is it ?

JD

Comment

I havent seen what label its on but I&#39;m fairly sure its a boot.

I didn&#39;t boot it because I wanted to reissue it off masters (but they don&#39;t seem to exist).

Comment

Do Timewarp venture into the murky world of boots? I always thought they had an air of legitimacy about them.

Then again, I thought John Leslie was a sweaty Jock rapist, Matthew Kelly was clearly a nonce and that Paul Burrell was a thieving closet queen (all these are allegations based on hearsay and scurrilous rumour and by no means a statement of fact - VV legal dept). Shows what I know about legality.

Benicio
                    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Benicio Del Toffo @ Nov. 26 2003,22:20)]Do Timewarp venture into the murky world of boots? I always thought they had an air of legitimacy about them.

Benicio
                      We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Big nick works for timewarp and Ive been to their offices a few times - They are putting out the drama&#39;s too. I love what they do but I don&#39;t think they can 100% regulate what they do. I&#39;ll ring snatch tomorrow and ask whats the deal with it.

Comment

Boot or not, it&#39;s gonna sell ..
                          salchicha&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Belson @ Nov. 26 2003,16:41)]Courtesy of Timewarp Distribution,

THE GENTLE RAIN - ‘MOODY’

Stand out tracks are a blistering floor filling version of ‘ I Feel The Earth Move’
                            Yeah right. That version seriously sucks eggs. it&#39;s been discussed before, but Lonely Jelly is the only decent tune on this incredibly overrated LP. Be honest now&#33; Boot or no boot, in fact it would have to be a boot cos there is no way this would even break even as a legit release... harsh but true.
                            http://wakeupanddie.com
                            http://weirdgearnyc.com
                            http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Hmmm...don&#39;t mind their &#39;I Feel The Earth Move&#39; at all, a good version (but not as good as John Keating&#39;s on &#39;Space Experience&#39;, I&#39;ll grant you): the only weak track for me is &#39;You Are The Sunshine Of My Life&#39;, but then I kind of loathe that tune anyway. That said, it&#39;s still a great LP, but it&#39;s not really funky - more a kind of brilliant oddball lounge record like 101 Strings&#39; &#39;Astro Sounds&#39; or Peter Thomas&#39; &#39;Space Patrol&#39; (&#39;Barbarella&#39;, even), which happens to have one (maybe two) funky cuts on it, but not much I&#39;d expect to hear being played out, really. Personally I think it&#39;s a great LP, though - I&#39;ve been listening to it pretty regularly on cd-r (thanks to Sermad &amp; Mr Hopkinson) for the past six months or so, &amp; it ain&#39;t tired yet. Hope the almost inevitable backlash doesn&#39;t overlook the fact that it&#39;s still a pretty cool record, just probably not what you&#39;d expect when you hear people talking about it in terms of breaks &amp; funk... Expect trippy lounge gear &amp; you won&#39;t be disappointed, expect scorching dancefloor psych-funk &amp; you will. Guess it depends what you&#39;re looking for, really...
                              a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Working...
                              X