Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop sounds by "the cool"

Does anyone know if "The Cool" are an actual band
    or ground on this De Wolfe masterpiece ?

Damn I love this record !!

If so, WHO are they ?

I love it more than any or all Electric Banana libes.

NO OFFENSE MEANT ! JUST MY OPINION for what I like.
    NOT who/what is better

The instrumentals totally stand on their own AS an instrumental

Thanks for the space V.V.

J

Record collector price guide say there connected to a band called Elastic Band??
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (BoneyVotel @ Nov. 28 2003,18:02)]Record collector price guide say there connected to a band called Elastic Band??
      the elastic band have got some connection to british glam rockers the sweet (i think)
      I want to go to the land of ooog!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (happy monster @ Nov. 28 2003,20:51)]
        Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (BoneyVotel @ Nov. 28 2003,18:02)]Record collector price guide say there connected to a band called Elastic Band??
        the elastic band have got some connection to british glam rockers the sweet (i think)
        The UK Elastic Band had a Sweet connection through one person, lead guitarist Andy Scott.
        Got a nice 1967 CBS demo 45 by a band called The Kool - has arrangement credits to Keith Mansfield. I wonder if they were the same band as The Cool....
        new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

The Elastic Band did one LP for Decca&#39;s short-lived prog offshoot Nova - the track &#39;Has Anybody Seen Her?&#39; deals with similar subject matter to the Cool&#39;s &#39;Emily Waits&#39;....they appear to have been very interested in songs about ships sinking for some reason&#33;

The songs on the de Wolfe LP went out under the pseudonym of &#39;H Bender&#39; for contractual reasons, but the band wrote them themselves.

I don&#39;t know about the CBS Kool - who wrote their single? Keith Mansfeld did a lot of MD&#39;ing for CBS in those days.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Nov. 29 2003,03:18)]I don&#39;t know about the CBS Kool - who wrote their single? Keith Mansfeld did a lot of MD&#39;ing for CBS in those days.
            Look At Me, Look At Me is credited to T. Macauley &amp; J. MacLeod, Room At the Top is credited to David Myers. The A is pretty poppy, the flip is a real player.

Got a couple of other late 60s 45s by another band called The Cool - an Australian band in the beat/psych mould. Wondering whether they&#39;re related to either of these other bands. I suppose it was a pretty common name in those days.
            new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Now, WHO are the Lemon Dips :-) ?

Comment

Working...
              X