Robert wyatt documentary on bbc 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert wyatt documentary on bbc 4

oh my god! just finished watching a fantastic profile of Robert Wyatt - but our video's broken. If anyone can tape this for me I'd be indebted for - ooh, ages! I'd recommend it to anyone who can watch it tomorrow night - some b/w footage of the Soft Machine from 1967, tour home movies of the Softs US tour with Hendrix from 1968 TOTP of 'I'm a Believer', great interviews, and some incredible recent live footage with a band including Annie Whitehead, Larry Stabbins and Harry-flaming-Beckett too ! Blimey!
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Cheers for the heads up on this - I'll be in front of my set with a tape in the machine tomorrow night, then (at my age, Saturday nights are when you don't go out, mostly because you need to find a comfy seat when not at home). Anyway, if all goes well I'm sure you'd be more than welcome to the result...

And Annie Whitehead is very cool. Just thought I'd mention that.

EDIT: uh, you meant repeated on BBC4, then? It's not listed for terrestrial TV [dammit]!
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

I enjoyed it too - what a cool guy!
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I'll have a bash at taping this. Saw it before on bbc4 and remember it being good.

I'm near Bristol aswell so getting it to you John shouldn't be a problem.

I can try and get another copy for you wayne if you want?

Comment

managed to miss this, but this friday BBC4 are running a documentary about Gil Scott Heron, made by Don Letts, should be a cracker!!

Comment

Successfully taped this so anybody who wants a lend of it give me a shout.

Comment

This keeps being screened on BBC4 so it's easy to catch again. I saw it about three months ago. Excellent doc. Mr Wyatt now lives near Grimsby. He's got taste, you know.
              http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Working...
              X