Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diggin\' The Dam !

Help !

The thread on "Diggin' In Amsterdam" has gone for a burton (if the search engine is to be believed) so I need to ask you all to dig deep and help me out with this topic again...

...basically, yours truly has just got a stoopid deal from KLM that's gonna land me in The Dam on Friday night and transport my remains back to dear old Blighty on Sunday afternoon.....

So, I'm looking to get my fingers dirty on Saturday, so are any of you good Vultures out there willin' to offer up some good spots?

Preferably in the City Centre, coz I'd rather have a leisurely stroll from bar to bar, cafe to cafe then belt around on trams and buses !!

Cheers folks....
    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

ok concerto sells this little booklet which lists all the record shops in holland. I dont know where I put mine..sorry!

There was records palace on the road from the leidseplein. Its not far from the superb club - paradiso.

*EDIT*

There is also sounds of the 50's - which had some nice 45s. I dont quite know where this is...but on the map where is says melkweg - there are two big canals going north. Its on either of them...

hmm sorry my memory is bad...If you have time to go demon fuzz in rotterdam. Its killer mate.

John s and llmod1 are the dam daddies. Dutch mark B might be about - he lives in utrecht.

or if you can afford it - come back in two weeks and go to utrecht - vinyl heaven mate.

(Edited by sermad at 6:04 pm on Mar. 26, 2003)
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I DJ in Haarlem every couple of months so I get to go to Amsterdam quite a lot. It was never great, but it's got worse recently. There used to be a really interesting little store among the canals that sold bonkers European electronic records from the 80s and other interesting stuff, but it was closed when I checked it out about 6 weeks ago. The rest of the shops are shit, quite frankly.

I've heard about Rotterdam and understand it's great there, but I've all but given up on it (unless you can tell me about some obscure shop in suburbs that I don't know about!).
      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

The problem with Amsterdam is that it is quite small and one or two diggers have got the whole town tied up. This is why very little actually makes it into the shops as these guys guys dig pretty much every day. If you are lucky enough to know them (as I am!) you can still get pretty much anything you want at very good prices.

Comment

</span>
          Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] ]Quote: from llmod1 on 7:39 am on Mar. 27, 2003
          The problem with Amsterdam is that it is quite small and one or two diggers have got the whole town tied up. This is why very little actually makes it into the shops as these guys guys dig pretty much every day. If you are lucky enough to know them (as I am!) you can still get pretty much anything you want at very good prices.
          <span =''>

Bastard.

Comment

Temper, Temper!!

Comment

</span>
              Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] ]Quote: from llmod1 on 12:48 pm on Mar. 27, 2003
              Temper, Temper!!
              <span =''>

Hee hee.

Comment

</span>
                Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] ]Quote: from llmod1 on 1:48 pm on Mar. 27, 2003
                Temper, Temper!!
                <span =''>

nah ... bastards.

i want that job.....
                Whats you&#39;re style ?

Comment

We're back, J and i had a great time, managed to get around most of the city during Saturday and I've got to say... llmod's got it right.... slim pickings indeed !!

... in fact, I didn't buy owt. There was an Os Mutantes record on the wall in &quot;Record Palace' that got me slobbering, but it was top, top dollar.... For example, the same shop had &quot;Enter the Dragon&quot; OST in VG/VG+ nick... 50 Euros... hmmm....

Still, everything else about The Dam was as enjoyable as ever !!
                  If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Working...
                  X