here comes bod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here comes bod

MP3s of Bod themes are here: scroll down index till you find them...

http://tv.cream.org/themes/themes1.htm

don't miss the alberto frog tunes after bod's own entry, either...

groovy, baby

(Edited by wayne at 10:37 am on Mar. 25, 2003)
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Oh maaaan I used to so love Bod. Cheers for that Wayne, I haven't heard that groovy flutey thing since I was way tiny. Kids TV presenters were way talented back then. Now they're all mutants.

Comment

That site's got clips of everything - I can feel a regression to childhood coming on just looking at the index...

Heads & Tails and Film Fun (more DG choonz) are in the F - J section...

uh, not getting much actual work done now...

(Edited by wayne at 11:23 am on Mar. 25, 2003)
      a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Amen! I've wasted many an hour on that site over the past few years. An afternoon spent chopping up Bod wavs to use as alert sounds in Outlook was the low point I think - but partially responsible for trying to find the theme on a rekkid ...

There's also http://www.jvsplace.co.uk/themesidx.php which has much the same sort of fare. As does http://www.kids-tv.co.uk/programmes.htm , but TV Cream is pretty much the don

And these are pretty funny <a href="http://www.claws-and-paws.com/thundercats/index.php#outtakes

Time" target="_blank">http://www.claws-and-paws.com/thunde...x.php#outtakes

Time</a> for some fresh air I think
        FunkyDown
        Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

This is basically a warning to all VV members NOT to visit TV Cream.

I went there a couple of months back looking at Battle Of The Planets, Space Sentinels and other such animated delights. I ended up on there for about two days solid and completely fucked up my report deadline!

It's addictive and a danger to your maturity.

And as for Kids TV presenters being mutants, I was under the impression that there's some cloning thing going on. All the 'male' ones look the same, little camp twats with Gareth Gates haircuts. The girls ain't much better. Certainly none as fit as Louise Hall-Taylor off of 'Watch'.

Modern Life Is Rubbish.

Benicio

PS Words and Pictures had all the tunes. Especially 'Cool Cat', 'Lazy Lion' and 'Witches of Hallowe'en'. And what were those weird Eastern European 'stop-motion' animation tales all about. Scary stuff when you're a nipper.
          Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

I seem to remember a mate having the &quot;It's ragtime&quot; BBC LP (do you remember ol' beatnick Fred Harris?)

..and there was at least one cool tune on that. Never seen it around though (when I can remember to look for it) - anybody got one spare?

Comment

One of my mates picked up a 'Rainbow' soundtrack LP and reckons it's crazy acid-jazz/folk type stuff.

Best I could do is 'Day Out In Trumpton' which is mostly the legend that is Brian Cant. I could have bought 'Dougal and the Blue Cat' the other day, but I was too scared, that bloody thing traumatised me when I was about 5 and I have no intention of having Magic Roundabout-type stimuli triggering a psychotic episode.

Benicio
              Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

</span>
                Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] ]I could have bought 'Dougal and the Blue Cat' the other day, but I was too scared, that bloody thing traumatised me when I was about 5 and I have no intention of having Magic Roundabout-type stimuli triggering a psychotic episode.

Benicio
                <span =''>

That is a very strange &amp; frightening record, indeed. Dark Blue.

Comment

I've just escaped from those sites - they're fantastic! Cheers people. (But wot no mice's song from Bagpuss?!?
                  You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

</span>
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Benicio Del Toffo on 12:22 pm on Mar. 25, 2003
                    Certainly none as fit as Louise Hall-Taylor off of 'Watch'.
                    <span =''>

You mean this Louise Hall-Taylor ?

(Apologies for the rubbish P/shop cut n paste work. My scanner can't handle 12inches in one go. So to speak ...)
                    FunkyDown
                    Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

Breadcrumbs....and butterbeans!
                      Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

</span>
                        Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Benicio Del Toffo on 12:55 pm on Mar. 25, 2003
                        One of my mates picked up a 'Rainbow' soundtrack LP and reckons it's crazy acid-jazz/folk type stuff.
                        <span =''>

i wouldnt go that far with the Rainbow LP...most of it is cobblers apart from the main theme, which is utter class, with the mother of all axe solos!!!!

Comment

I traded/gave away my copy recently, it's not as beat heavy as the TV rendition of the theme, and overlong with a cak geetar solo and slow hippy breakdown.

Sorry, I reckon that lp's poo.
                          Stop wasting your money on records and get a proper hobby.

Comment

The 'Ragtime' LP is pure class - arrangements by Graham (Alan Hawkshaw) Walker, and a brilliant organ solo on the track 'Sing Song' - I found this in a charity shop back when I'd just started collecting about twelve years ago, and I was into Hammonds in a big way, so this track got many a play.
                            Also note Fred Harris in full Osama Bin Laden lookalike mode on the cover.
                            On the Rainbow LP, the track 'Bookworm' is quite good - but have a look at the Rainbow 30th anniversary DVD, which has the first episode on it. There's a film sequence which has a nice acoustic-guitar-and-drums only tune which is quite funky.

Comment

#### - 'Sing Song' was one of my favourite sort of unknown hammond tracks to dazzle. If only Maggie Henderson's vocal (and lyrics) could match.....

'There once was a footballer, who couldn't score a goal, everytime he kicked the ball it went straight down a hole'

...which is more than slightly more than unfortunate for said footballer.

Nice little break on 'Jerome' on the same LP too.
                              Matt Hero

Comment

Working...
                              X