• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ginghamkitchen
    replied
    Originally posted by nlgbbbblth View Post
    definitely quote of 2003
    Nah...

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

Leave a comment:

• nlgbbbblth
    replied
    definitely quote of 2003

Leave a comment:

• Rockwell
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick Cope View Post
    Serm, did you notice if they sell 45 cases, the kind that holds about 100, as opposed to the huge 200 ones or the little weeny 50 ones with the handle on top?

As for wheelie record cases, I cannot un-recommend them enough - not only are they totally gay, but I've been told that the wheels, axel etc are prone to breaking, then where does leave you eh? eh?

I'd rather throw my back out than have one of those uber gay things, second in gayness only to those backpacks that have a single, diagonal strap, sometimes with a pocket on it for your wee mobile phone thingy...

... yes I am hungover.
    Quote of the week, possibly month.

Leave a comment:

• Campag Record
    replied
    Originally posted by nlgbbbblth View Post
    Anyone had problems with the strap of record bags tearing at the stitching point?
    Yep, just leaving the hotel at the Utrecht record fair a couple of years back

Had 50 LP's in and I had to carry it with just the handle. My arm was ready to drop off by the time I got to the airport. Still haven't replaced my bag.

Leave a comment:

• nlgbbbblth
    replied
    Anyone had problems with the strap of record bags tearing at the stitching point?

I have a courier UDG bag for about 18 months. The strap started tearing as I was walking to B-Music on Friday night. It didn't fully tear but I had to carry it by the handles after that and on the way home which was bloody heavy and awkward. It wasn't particularly overloaded - approx 25 LPs and the same amount of 45s - so I'm not sure why it couldn't take the strain.

I'll have to get it repaired as new ones are 60 euro - presuming a shoe repair place is best bet to do the job?

Leave a comment:

• La-Soul-Fiend
    replied
    I have one of these little fellas, they're very cool really. They were being flogged last year in Bentalls in Kingston for a tenner, very chic with denim covering, mmmmm! Perfectly fits a bunch of 45's but the hardwood casing is not tank proof by any standards, a scud proof bastard is what I needs.

Leave a comment:

• theeman
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (sermad @ Dec. 08 2003,15:42)]A lot of the French DJ's I've met use this makeup cases bought from one of the big department stores. I kid you not but they are a *perfect* fit for 45's. Plus you get a mirror in the top which proves useful when you need a bit of you-know-what...
    teddy rosso's got one, and it's brilliant. really tough, holds the perfect number of 45s, and is just the right size.

not sure about the mirror though.

having said that, Ray Mears would probably approve, especially as Teddy's up there in the Arctic tundra...

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    A lot of the French DJ's I've met use this makeup cases bought from one of the big department stores. I kid you not but they are a *perfect* fit for 45's. Plus you get a mirror in the top which proves useful when you need a bit of you-know-what...Touching up blusher and rouge that is...

Leave a comment:

• son of stan
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (La-Soul-Fiend @ Dec. 08 2003,13:52)]I warmed up the Rhythm Factory for mister Darge earlier this year and noticed he has a rather sweet wooden suitcase type thing with embroidered tartan inner! It was almost as attractive as its contents, my eyes were bulging

I used to see these kind of things a lot when i was going to northern dos - they're usually knocked up by a mate who's a carpenter.

Leave a comment:

• La-Soul-Fiend
    replied
    .....so what is the conclusion here guys, I need a very decent heavy duty 12" bag for next year but I also need a carrying box for 45's [up to 200] cheap and tough as a fifteen dollar pimp, I'll ask Ed tonite where that shop is again.....the site Bongolia posted up is good but the boxes look damn flimsy! You just cant cart around a wooden box of 200+ 45's and feel secure!

I warmed up the Rhythm Factory for mister Darge earlier this year and noticed he has a rather sweet wooden suitcase type thing with embroidered tartan inner! It was almost as attractive as its contents, my eyes were bulging

Leave a comment:

• Dr Rubberfunk
    replied
    Yeah - the promoter was not too chuffed, especially as the (Ryan Air) flights had only cost 20p or something. Air Berlin were no problem with the same case ... Someone should make a website of DJ friendly airlines. Although I suspect it'd be a short list

Leave a comment:

• theeman
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Dr Rubberfunk @ Dec. 05 2003,11:27)]That's the baby - looks like just the ticket. Now to see if i can find one. My flightcase weighs in at 30kg - as I discovered a few weeks ago to my 84 euros each way excess baggage horror ...
    lol! i had the same problem. in the end they let me on the flight, provided the records were placed in lots of separate plastic bags instead of the flight case! i had to go and plead with the nice assistant in WH Smiths at the airport to provide a stack of big bags!

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Dr Rubberfunk @ Dec. 05 2003,11:25)]
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Dec. 04 2003,12:41)]Any recommendations ? I don't really want a Ninja Tunes branded bag by the way - good as they appear to be - anybody seen or used the 'Recordpak' as sold by Grandslam ?
    http://www.recordpak.com/ has some pictures....
    Oooh, you can get it in Camo

Looks decent, and the Grandslam version is a damn site cheaper than those sold via their site. I'm very tempted....

Leave a comment:

• Dr Rubberfunk
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Dec. 05 2003,11:21)]Nah, Birming'nam.

wacka wacka!

*where's the fozzie bear smiley when you need it??*

Leave a comment:

• Dr Rubberfunk
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (sermad @ Dec. 04 2003,11:54)]Hey rubs.

It was one just like this. I got it from this ghetto place near me. It does its job and seems ok but Ive seen awesome aluminium ones for like £80! Very sturdy.

http://www.archery-ten-ring.co.uk/ac...cessories.html
    That's the baby - looks like just the ticket. Now to see if i can find one. My flightcase weighs in at 30kg - as I discovered a few weeks ago to my 84 euros each way excess baggage horror ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X