Deciphering mixtapes: trans europe express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deciphering mixtapes: trans europe express

The Soulstrut community did a great job in completing the Chains & Black Exhaust track listing last year. I am currently drawing a complete blank regarding the content of the Kon & Amir’s “Pop In Trans Europe Express” CD

Since this is such a European thing, Vinyl Vultures might be the better board to try and decipher this one. But I also posted this on Soulstrut. LetÂ’s see which board wins.
    Since I can not identify a single track, I thought IÂ’d at least provide the template to fill in the blanks.

track index 1:
    (00:00 - 03:08)
    (03:09 – 05:20) (nice one &#33
    (05:21 – 07:51)
    (07:52 – 10:08)
    (10:09 – 13:14)
    (13:15 – 14:51)

track index 2:
    (00:00 – 02:00)
    (02:01 – 06:05)
    (06:06 – 07:10)
    (07:11 – 08:46)
    (08:47 – 11:17)
    (11:18 – 14:14)
    (14:15 – 16:23)

track index 3:
    (00:00 – 03:13)
    (03:14 – 05:14)
    (05:15 – 08:22)
    (08:23 – 11:26)
    (11:27 – 18:20) (I’d love to know who this is &#33

track index 4:
    (00:00 – 00:27)
    (00:28 – 02:43)
    (02:44 – 05:10)
    (05:11 – 06:16)
    (06:17 – 08:33)
    (08:34 – 11:25)
    (11:26 – 13:44)
    (13:45 – 15:19)
    (15:20 – 18:03) (another great track)
    (18:04 – 18:55) (excellent finish)

I am sure that a lot of this is Eastern European stuff. Anyone able to read and translate this entry from a polish website:
    ale dzis byl sympatyczny dzien, slonce i w ogole. szkoda troche, ze zostalem zarazony wirusem jakiejs grypy co w polaczeniu z przetrenowaniem daje zaskakujaco podle efekty...ost na dzis kon & amir 'pop in trans europe express' - ale bohemiarska nazwa. chyba nie pojade na eryke badu bo to hectic time w szkole bedzie i nie ma biletow juz zdaje sie.jutro musze wstac o 7 bo muszeby na wykładzie gdyz ma byc puszczona LISTA. jesli studiujecie to wiecie jaki to ból. dobra nie słuchajcie tego o czym mowilem na poczatku tego wpisu - bardzo denerwujace jest kiedy sluchacie oryginalnych utworow i zadreczacie sie kto to samplowal? nienawidze tego!
    fresh 2003-11-20 19:03:55

I wonder who is stocking these in the uk. Its shady to ask for mp3's but this is something I would buy if its full of euro niceness.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Just re-listening to &#39;On Track No 5&#39;. Bloody amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Yemsky @ Dec. 11 2003,20:42)]I am sure that a lot of this is Eastern European stuff. Anyone able to read and translate this entry from a polish website:
        ale dzis byl sympatyczny dzien, slonce i w ogole. szkoda troche, ze zostalem zarazony wirusem jakiejs grypy co w polaczeniu z przetrenowaniem daje zaskakujaco podle efekty...ost na dzis kon &amp; amir &#39;pop in trans europe express&#39; - ale bohemiarska nazwa. chyba nie pojade na eryke badu bo to hectic time w szkole bedzie i nie ma biletow juz zdaje sie.jutro musze wstac o 7 bo muszeby na wyk&amp;#322;adzie gdyz ma byc puszczona LISTA. jesli studiujecie to wiecie jaki to ból. dobra nie s&amp;#322;uchajcie tego o czym mowilem na poczatku tego wpisu - bardzo denerwujace jest kiedy sluchacie oryginalnych utworow i zadreczacie sie kto to samplowal? nienawidze tego&#33;
        fresh 2003-11-20 19:03:55
        Popped it into Poltran.com and got a translation. Hope that makes everything crystal clear.

But appealing dzis byl dzien, slonce and in (to) ogole. Damage troche, it gives from (with) in (to) with (from) on virus flu that &amp; &#39; pope trance europeru express &#39; zostalem zarazony jakiejs polaczeniu przetrenowaniem zaskakujaco podle efekty...ost dzis kon amir in - but name bohemiarska. Probably, on not pojade eryke badu because it in school hectic time bedzie and does not have seem (pass) about 7 fly biletow juz sie.jutro wstac because on &amp; # 322 muszeby wyk; has put forth LIST adzie gdyz byc. It it pain study know that jesli. Good &lt; goods (right) &gt; not page (s) &amp; # 322; about that on it it registration uchajcie mowilem poczatku there is - very denerwujace when original sluchacie utworow who it and zadreczacie sie samplowal? It nienawidze&#33; 2003-11-20 fresh 19:03:55

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] ]Its shady to ask for mp3&#39;s
          Why - have they cleared all the tracks or something?
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Well I would doubt they cleared any but I really respect these guys as they dig up some heavy stuff - they tell you quite a lot about the records if you ask and it must have taken them a very very very long time to do these mixes.

So thats what I would pay for to be honest. Unless they start advertising it in magazines and making it out like its a legal mix (*ahem*).

Comment

Try Mr Bongo for a start Serms. They used to have the Kon and Amir tapes at the counter, under that glass top.

I&#39;ll have to get hold of the new one (and &#39;On Track 5&#39; - I still listen to 4 and it now makes sense   ). And L.Dula&#39;s CD is old but still great listening (jeez, I&#39;m so last year   ).

Anyone got a listing for Asprin and Jeigh&#39;s &#39;Off The Records 2&#39;?
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Not got &#39;off the records 2&#39; but I would 100% recommend their &#39;to mock a killing bird&#39;. Really mental stuff on there.

Comment

Sounds really intersting this does, but where can I hear/obtain it, if there&#39;s no UK stockist? Was it on soulstrut cos I cant see it now??
                  I was raised by wolves

Comment

I would like to help but i haven&#39;t got it...

I can tell you the cover is from one of my fav mp2000
                    Jacky Giordano pop in a devils train...
                    but that&#39;s not very helpfull

will try and get a copy

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (La-Soul-Fiend @ Dec. 12 2003,12:18)]...................but where can I hear/obtain it, if there&#39;s no UK stockist?
                      Yep&#33; I already answered my own damn question, Dustygroove but they are out of stock, anybody got a cheeky cd-r for a mix of mine which is probably far, far, far hotter than their mustard    
                      I was raised by wolves

Comment

yeah this does sound great. Likewise if it aint lefit anyway anyone got a cheeky for me too? Probably could arrange something in return.
                        Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

As already mentioned: DGA is out of stock. From what I have observed in the past, they are not good at stocking / restocking mixtapes - so, don&#39;t hold your breath.

Try Turntablelab and Jump Jump Music.
                          And in the UK, apart from Mr. Bongo, I would imagine Grand Slam&#39;s Kev to have it (soon): [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Yemsky @ Dec. 11 2003,20:42)]Since this is such a European thing, Vinyl Vultures might be the better board to try and decipher this one. But I also posted this on Soulstrut. LetÂ’s see which board wins.
                            Since I can not identify a single track, I thought IÂ’d at least provide the template to fill in the blanks.

track index 1:
                            (00:00 - 03:08)
                            (03:09 – 05:20) (nice one &#33
                            (05:21 – 07:51)
                            (07:52 – 10:08)
                            (10:09 – 13:14)
                            (13:15 – 14:51)

track index 2:
                            (00:00 – 02:00)
                            (02:01 – 06:05)
                            (06:06 – 07:10)
                            (07:11 – 08:46)
                            (08:47 – 11:17)
                            (11:18 – 14:14)
                            (14:15 – 16:23)

track index 3:
                            (00:00 – 03:13)
                            (03:14 – 05:14)
                            (05:15 – 08:22)
                            (08:23 – 11:26)
                            (11:27 – 18:20) (I’d love to know who this is &#33

track index 4:
                            (00:00 – 00:27)
                            (00:28 – 02:43)
                            (02:44 – 05:10)
                            (05:11 – 06:16)
                            (06:17 – 08:33)
                            (08:34 – 11:25)
                            (11:26 – 13:44)
                            (13:45 – 15:19)
                            (15:20 – 18:03) (another great track)
                            (18:04 – 18:55) (excellent finish)
                            haven&#39;t heard this mix yet, so i can&#39;t id any of the tracks, but i did sell an eastern european album to amir this year (top bloke, btw).

it was either volume one or two of the jazzrock workshop albums - not sure which as it was earlier this year - featuring some cool cover versions of jazz standards, plus some original material too. they&#39;re pretty easy to track down i think, at least i found them easily enough, anyway.

if anyone finds a uk dealer for this latest release i&#39;d love to know. i know rapandsoulmailorder did pr for the last release but they don&#39;t seem to be big on stocking mix cds / tapes..?

Comment

Can anyone burn me a copy of this so I can join the fun? Got a bunch of mix things by other big names if you need a fresh trade...
                              http://wakeupanddie.com
                              http://weirdgearnyc.com
                              http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Working...
                              X