Vinyl looking cd-r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl looking cd-r

just picked up this maplin electronics brochure at work. They got a set of 10 cd-r which look like a 45 for £6.99. Looks like they come in 45 style cases also. Kinda looks cool. Great way of giving a pressie of a cdr you done for someone.
    Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

I've seen these and they are really nice looking [if a cd-r can be anything other than a circular plastic blank for recording onto, quite unlike vinyl you understand !!!]
    A mate brought a bunch of them back from a recent trip to NYC but I've not seen them here yet.....untill now that is! super duper stocking filling stuff I 'spose.
    I was raised by wolves

Comment

not seen them blank, but the free Trojan comp that came with Mojo last year was in this format ie: a black vinyl 45 style cd. Beware, though: I did have to return one copy as the cover CD was scratched to buggery (just like a real, authentic Trojan 45, come to think of it) and the bloke at Tower in Picadilly went through two more copies before we found one with a cover CD that looked OK. Could've been unlucky, or could be that these cd-rs are more susceptible to damage than 'normal' metallic ones...

they look fantastic, though - and for the record my freebie Trojan one has given me no further problems!
      a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

I think you're talking about 2 different things here. I've looked into manufacturing those black CDs and you make make literally ANY colour CD, except black - because playstation games or something come in that format. How Mojo managed to make that Trojan CD is a mystery... Unless anyone can tell me differently?
        There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

the dreaded Hard To Find Records sell black CDRs that look like little records. a mate here has one he burnt last night. 50p each.
          http://www.blaxploitation.com
          Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Mr Divine @ Dec. 16 2003,01:34)]I think you're talking about 2 different things here. I've looked into manufacturing those black CDs and you make make literally ANY colour CD, except black - because playstation games or something come in that format. How Mojo managed to make that Trojan CD is a mystery... Unless anyone can tell me differently?
            I thought that the disc surface colour (ie the side that gets written to) is determined by the actual material composition of the disc ? Need someone more technical to expand on this.... me dim.
            Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Mr Divine @ Dec. 16 2003,01:34)]I think you're talking about 2 different things here. I've looked into manufacturing those black CDs and you make make literally ANY colour CD, except black - because playstation games or something come in that format. How Mojo managed to make that Trojan CD is a mystery... Unless anyone can tell me differently?
              Black Jazz CDs have the music side coloured black.
              Errr..Hambone?

Comment

Coloured CD's only happened due to new dye's on the reflective layer on the top of the cd. Previously they were gold/silver/blue as they were best suited (highly reflective in laymans terms) but now the dyes are so good they can use all sorts of colours.
                www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I&#39;ve had black bottomed cd-rs from here ( http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/ ) before . . .
                  Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Working...
                  X