Shops in york

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shops in york

Going to York this weekend for a wedding. The wedding is on Sunday so most of Saturday should be fre to dig. Anyone know any shops to visist, record or charity. Thanks.

Hello Mark. There's a fair few spots in York - check dis:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northyorkshire/...ps/index.shtml

'Wildcat' (Micklegate) is a good 2nd hander, and it also has a store for jazz/easy listening next door. 'Blakeheads' is also on Micklegate and worth a look. It's a bookshopjazzclassicaloperarare type affair, but in my experience worth digging around in the jazz, big band and easy sections for those funky nuggets. I think there's also an Oxfam book & record store on Micklegate. 'Cassadys' and 'Ark' on Gillygate are definitely worth checking out - 'Cassadys' claims to never have less than 3000 records in stock, which is nice.

There are also a few charities scattered around in the city centre, and I've found decent pieces in them before so definitely worth a look.

Have a nice weekend and hope your trip is fruitful.. oh, and if there's a Moody round those parts, just remember who directed you eh?!!
    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Cheers for the tips. Found a few bits and bobs, nothing earth shattering but fun all the same:

Henry Mancini - The Mancini Generation - Versions of Memphis Underground and Killer Joe sound interesting.

Tony Osbourne - Brass in the Night and Latin in the Night - Both on Deram, need to give these a listen.

Georgie Fame - The Third Face of Fame

Assagai - S/T - Great LP, better of the two?? Double

Lionel Hampton - Europa Jazz - Killer Joe + Psychedelic Sally - Double

Jerome Richardson - I Giganti del Jazz - Great version of Ode to Billie Joe - Double

Joe Loss - Pop Dance Party - Version of Shaft

Comment

Working...
      X