Leo muller 45s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo muller 45s

I didn't even know they existed. Anyone know if there are any more?

Blimey, me want, me want, me want!!!

Where did you snaffle those Blighty? And on Pye too - intriguing...
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Thos two tracks are on the 'Right On! Soul Hits' album on SGA - but I 'spect y'all knew that ...

Super nice find on 45 though for sure!
      FunkyDown
      Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

I did indeed know that. I'm an SGA geek. I found it in Avid today, Rich. I'm intrigued to know how PYE came to license those two tracks. Anyone who's after a copy might want to try online. *cough*Gemm*cough*

Comment

Now that's very interesting - never heard of this before.

I think there were links between SGA's parent company Damont and Pye (Precision Records and Tapes had a special 99p Damont series of cassettes which I think consisted of SGA material, judging by the ones I've seen), and the early SGAs were pressed and distributed by Pye too.

But getting a proper release on a proper label? New one on me!

There were a few 45rpm EPs taken from the '12 Tops' series, though - given my obsession with these, I have no idea why I've never bought any!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] ]There were a few 45rpm EPs taken from the '12 Tops' series, though - given my obsession with these, I have no idea why I've never bought any!
            I don't think I've seen these at all. Are they on SGA? How many tracks do they contain?

Comment

I don't think they're specifically on SGA, but it's them who are behind them. They're called something like 'Today's Hits', and that's also what's on the label, but they come in miniature versions of 12 Tops sleeves, and have about four tracks on them.

I think they were usually bought by young kids which explains why they're always trashed, and occasionally have sleeves coloured in with felt tip pens!

Comment

And - better late than never - that GKC 45 of Daydream is UK Blighty (I finally remembered to check...).
                You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Oooh. Cheers Rich. Another one to add to the '45s to find in 2004' list.

Comment

Here's a dilemma...

Comment

Working...
                    X