X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugly custard

What does this generally go for?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws....y=16137

That would seem a reasonable price (unless you're Matt and find it for 50p at a booter in Southampton) although I'm sure you could get lucky for less if you bided a little time. As I understand, all those tracks, and some better ones, are on 'Music For A Young Generation' (Lee?).
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Good price for that condition. Used to be quite expensive (£80 ish) a few years back. Its not a stone cold classic lp. Some nice tracks.
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Dec. 16 2003,20:37)]That would seem a reasonable price (unless you&#39;re Matt and find it for 50p at a booter in Southampton).
        25p fella
        Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] ]As I understand, all those tracks, and some better ones, are on &#39;Music For A Young Generation&#39; (Lee?).
          Yes - pretty much - although you don&#39;t get the covers, some of which I really like especially &quot;My Babe&quot; and it also doesn&#39;t have the funky sitar track. the KPM is basically the basis of both the Ugly Custard and the Hungry Wolf lps (which share a couple of tracks anyway - if you see what I mean). The KPM can be had for around £40 to £50. I think I paid £30 for my Ugly Custard but I did pick up one for the the Viscount which was around £20 about a year ago.

I&#39;d like the Blue Phantom lp on Kaliedoscope meself......
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I got mine for 50p in Save The Children in Nottingham. I reckon it&#39;s a damn fine LP - especially the sitar type stuff.

Not a classic agreed, but well worth having. Books at £50 I believe and as the orange fella would say &quot;I think that&#39;s about its money&quot;.

Not all the tracks are on Music For A Young Generation, some are and even then, they&#39;re &#39;versions&#39; rather than the identical recordings (unless I&#39;m playing them at the wrong speed&#33.

Benicio
            Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

I think there is a reissue of this floating around, don&#39;t think its legit though. does the Blue Phantom lp go for the same money? never seen one of those.
              working together for better bass and treble

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] ]does the Blue Phantom lp go for the same money?
                The few copies I&#39;ve seen have been at around the £100 mark but Serm&#39;s will know for sure - I think he&#39;s got the library that that one came from too - Sermad?
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (cell @ Dec. 16 2003,23:24)]I think there is a reissue of this floating around, don&#39;t think its legit though. does the Blue Phantom lp go for the same money? never seen one of those.
                  There is. It&#39;s been reissued on mainland Europe somewhere. If you Google about you can find copies no problem.

Comment

yeah. the original Blue Phantom came from an album called &#39;distortions pop&#39; on Sonimage. Now im sure I traded off my og Blue Phantom and get the library one. Shame as I think the Blue Phantom cover is genius. Bout fifty squid if you ask me (probably less on the bay).

Really strange label kaleidoscope. Only two releases and both library-esque. Very odd&#33;

Comment

Are there any details of the Kaleidoscope label on the sleeve, like an address or anything? I&#39;ve heard they were connected with Turnover and possibly Polymax, who were based in Edgeware Road in Middlesex, I&#39;d like to know if that&#39;s true.

Comment

the back of the Blue Phantom lp has the Turnover address - 107 High Road, Edgeware, Middlesex. The music &#39;could well be described as an audio experience&#39;
                        We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

was I misinformed when I was told that Hawkshaw had something to do with Ugly Custard???

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] ]was I misinformed when I was told that Hawkshaw had something to do with Ugly Custard???
                            He plays on the track &#39;Custard&#39;s Last Stand&#39; (and maybe a few others uncredited). I think he also gets a writing credit too.

Roger Coulam is the man credited with playing keyboards on other tracks.

Re: Blue Phantom, I&#39;m pretty sure that Spin City in Sheffield still has a copy in at £50. Every time I&#39;ve been in there for the last year or so, it&#39;s been on the wall (and Andy still hasn&#39;t seen the light and dropped the price&#33.

I&#39;m sure the seven hills connection could confirm whether it&#39;s still there or not.

Benicio
                            Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

If you have both the &#39;Ugly Custard&#39; and &#39;Hungry Wolf&#39; lps then I suggest you check the credits for the tracks. Can&#39;t quite remember the details but certainly Hawkshaw and Coulam are credited as keyboards on the same track on different lps.

Comment

Working...
                              X