Mark ronson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark ronson

I read in the latest issue of Word that Mark Ronson's the son of Mick. Is this true? Why has no-one bothered to tell me before? Are there any others I should know about (I know about Adam F)?

I thought he was just some posh-boy DJ from NYC.
    http://www.djhistory.com

He's a young DJ who gets $5000 an hour when he performs. P. Diddy had him play at his party. So who is Mark Ronson?

Let's just say having a good pedigree doesn't do any harm in the music industry. Ronson is the step-son of Mick Jones from Foreigner. He grew up in the right part of town, New York's Central Park West.

This is a guy who hangs out with David Bowie and who taught Sean Lennon how to play guitar.

Need to know more? He is engaged to Rashid Jones, the daughter of Quincy Jones and Peggy Lipton.

He has done remixes for Moby, Nelly Furtado and Jay-Z. He has produced Sean Paul and Macy Gray. In fact it was the work he did for Nikka Costa that got him noticed by Elektra Records. He played guitar on her 'Everybody Got There Something' album. There's our Australian connection. Nikka is married to former Noiseworks member Justin Stanley.

So what's next? His own album, of course. Ronson is about to release his debut 'Here Comes The Fuzz' in Australia.

Let's name-drop some more.

'Here Comes The Fuzz' features Jack White from White Stripes, Rivers Cuomo from Weezer, Natt Dogg, Mos Def and Nikka herself.

The first single for Australia will be "Ooh Wee" but America has gone with 'International Affair' featuring Sean Paul and Tweet. "I like to say I knew Sean Paul before he was a superstar," he says. "I played him a couple things I was working on and the one he liked the best didn't have as much of a dancehall vibe, more of a hip hop vibe. I'd written it with Debbie, and played it for Tweet and she loved it. One of the things I'm most excited about is the collaborations, they happened in a very organic way. People had to vibe on the music before I'd take it to the next level."

'Here Comes The Fuzz' will be released by Warner Music.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

That&#39;s all well and good, Serm, but he&#39;s the son of Mick Ronson for fuck&#39;s sake&#33; And he makes great party records. I don&#39;t care if he&#39;s a ponce.

Comment

That was cut and pasted from a site bill. I couldnt care less about mark ronson to be honest. I heard his single and thought it was fucking shite.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (sermad @ Dec. 19 2003,14:22)]That was cut and pasted from a site bill. I couldnt care less about mark ronson to be honest. I heard his single and thought it was fucking shite.
          Well, I guessed it was cut-and-paste since there weren&#39;t any of the trademark spelling errors.

And Ooh Wee&#39;s a great club record. So piss off

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (sermad @ Dec. 19 2003,14:22)]That was cut and pasted from a site bill. I couldnt care less about mark ronson to be honest. I heard his single and thought it was fucking shite.
            Really?? I&#39;m pretty surprised there Sermad, I thought that would be your cuppa tea mate. It&#39;s deffo one for the ladies me old mucker&#33;

Mark Ronson with some ladies yesterday
            Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (vibra @ Dec. 19 2003,14:32)]It&#39;s deffo one for the ladies me old mucker&#33;
              He&#39;d rather be professionally single and play fuzz guitar records made by Dutch geography teachers.

Comment

I saw him on top of the pops or something rocking nikeees mesh hat shouting into a mike and looking like a proper tit. Seriously it was really bad.

So he dj&#39;d for donald trump - sampled Boney M - and is going to have Quincy Jones for a step dad. Big deal&#33;

PS I am unbelievably hung over today and am spoiling for a rant.

Comment

He may well prance like a tit on Top Of The Pops, I don&#39;t watch that as I&#39;m too cool for school, obviously.

But that tune is the jiggy-jawn.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Dec. 19 2003,14:38)]
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (vibra @ Dec. 19 2003,14:32)]It&#39;s deffo one for the ladies me old mucker&#33;
                    He&#39;d rather be professionally single and play fuzz guitar records made by Dutch geography teachers.  
                    There&#39;s nothing wrong with Vim Van Der Clangerhoff and his Rhythm Aces, Bill.

On the other hand, Mark Ronson @ Southport was &#39;Ooh wee wee&#39;.

A full pint glass of it .

Comment

I havent seen the new totp but the old one was ace. I love good pop and get sent all the new cd&#39;s cos of work and mark ronson was straight in the bin.

Id rather listen to outkast. Way better pop/hip hop.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Belson @ Dec. 19 2003,14:44)]On the other hand, Mark Ronson @ Southport was &#39;Ooh wee wee&#39;.

A full pint glass of it    .

Comment

Working...
                        X