Lounge compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lounge compilation

Can anyone remember what that lounge compilation was that was like a slightly inferior version of 'Sound Gallery'?

It would have come out around the same time, c1996 and there was maybe 2 volumes, one of which had a 12" of Harry Roche's 'Spiral' included.

I remember having it but letting someone borrow it and never seeing it again.

Damn my amnesia.

Benicio

Rio is innocent. Rio is innocent. Rio is innocent. Rio is innocent. (ad infinitum)
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Flying somewhat blind (not looking for a tracklisting) but the Karminsky compiled 'Inflight' comps spring to mind.

Bingo?

Comment

ben,

i think it was "the easy project - house of loungecore" volumes you're talking about. came out on sequel quite a few years back. and one of 'em has spiral on it.

still good comps, actually.

Comment

Yeah, that does ring a bell actually, cheers.

I'm could have sworn that 'Spiral' was an additional disc though. Then again, there have been times when I could have sworn there was a giraffe in my bedroom.

Opiates eh?

Benicio
        Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] ]I'm could have sworn that 'Spiral' was an additional disc though. Then again, there have been times when I could have sworn there was a giraffe in my bedroom
          The vinyl copy of one of the volumes of the easy project - house of loungecore (whichever volume has Spiral on CD) came as an LP and a 12 with "Spiral" being one side of the twelve. I remember looking at it in a shop at the time and think - nah, I'll find the LP AS IF - wish I'd bought the damned thing now.
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

they occasionally come into the Music and Video Exchanges in London. will keep an eye out for you lot. that's where mine came from this summer, and i've seen about 3 vol 1s since then. the other side of the 12 is Synthesonic Sounds doing Superfly or something. on vol two there's a Mort Garson track and Roy Budd's The Car Chase on the 12" i think

Comment

It was Sound Gallery 2

Comment

Or maybe Easy Project 2

EP 2 was horrible in comparison to 1

Or Maybe the 3 CD set Lounge de Luxe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Dec. 19 2003,16:36)]
                  Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] ]I'm could have sworn that 'Spiral' was an additional disc though. Then again, there have been times when I could have sworn there was a giraffe in my bedroom
                  The vinyl copy of one of the volumes of the easy project - house of loungecore (whichever volume has Spiral on CD) came as an LP and a 12 with "Spiral" being one side of the twelve. I remember looking at it in a shop at the time and think - nah, I'll find the LP AS IF - wish I'd bought the damned thing now.
                  these came out on Sequel didn't they? and they reissued Working In The Soul Mine about the same time on CD (not sure about vinyl)
                  http://www.blaxploitation.com
                  Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

[QUOTE=[b]Quote[/b] (theeman @ Dec. 22 2003,10:03)]
                    Originally posted by LDJB,Dec. 19 2003,16:36
                    these came out on Sequel didn't they? and they reissued Working In The Soul Mine about the same time on CD (not sure about vinyl)
                    Is Sequel the same as Castle, etc.? If so, they also put out the Space Age Soul comp on vinyl, as well as CD...
                    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

i think Working in the Soul Mine was CD only - had a lot of bonus tracks. and ignore Jack, Easy Project 2 has some great stuff on it!

there's also one called Sound Spectrum with a blue cover which has loads of Pye/related stuff on, including 4 tracks from Get Carter (which was the first UK issue of any of it (?) )

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Dec. 22 2003,11:17)]i think Working in the Soul Mine was CD only - had a lot of bonus tracks.
                        Nope, Space Age Soul definitely came on vinyl too. Professor Plastic offered me one but then I found all the tracks on it anyway, barring that version of 'Soul Sleeper'.
                        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Dec. 22 2003,11:17)]i think Working in the Soul Mine was CD only - had a lot of bonus tracks. and ignore Jack, Easy Project 2 has some great stuff on it!

there's also one called Sound Spectrum with a blue cover which has loads of Pye/related stuff on, including 4 tracks from Get Carter (which was the first UK issue of any of it (?) )
                          ...and also included the only legit reissues of some of the best cuts off Gordon's War blaxplo OST (Hot Wheels being the pick of the bunch)
                          http://www.blaxploitation.com
                          Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

I think Castle aquired Sequel
                            Sequel went out of business maybe

But SPIRAL was originally on the Easy Project (Sequel)
                            1 CD

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Dec. 22 2003,11:17)]i think Working in the Soul Mine was CD only - had a lot of bonus tracks.
                              Thank you molemen

Comment

Working...
                              X