• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wert?

Feel like selling Dr. K?

He didn't even mention Josh...

(Yes, I'm bored).
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Dec. 20 2003,16:44)]Feel like selling Dr. K?
    Jeez, and that's the reserve?!?
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I was watching that Marlena Shaw auction too. It's a record I'd love to have on a 45 (like a lot of people obviously). I'm still kicking myself that I didn't by it when it was a 30 quid record because the price keeps going up and up.

I thought Xmas would mean ebay bargains but I'm still getting outbid on everything including that Julias Brockington 45 I want so bad right now.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Dec. 20 2003,16:56)]I was watching that Marlena Shaw auction too. It's a record I'd love to have on a 45 (like a lot of people obviously). I'm still kicking myself that I didn't by it when it was a 30 quid record because the price keeps going up and up.

I thought Xmas would mean ebay bargains but I'm still getting outbid on everything including that Julias Brockington 45 I want so bad right now.  
        There was another that went for about 60 quid recently, too. I always thought it would calm down in price after Brainfreeze/Product Placement but it just seems to keep on going up...

And I too am hoping for some slept on eBay bargains for Christmas - I'll watch out that I don't step on your toes sir!

Comment

There was one for 125 UK pounds, not even bucks... Stupid, stupid, stupid twats, the lot of 'em. It's possible that a real record dealer might sell you a Cali Soul at the normal price of 30-40 quid. Ask Gerald, his price was 40 pre-KFC, hopefully it still is, that's if can find any now as word of legions of minted fools might've got around...

Maybe it's the time of year, but I'm getting depressed by the whole funk record scene again. So many people quick draw with their cheque books - won't question anything, aggressive natured, closed minded - try putting up the thread about ebay names up on Deepfunk, you'll get laughed out of town...

When's the last time you saw on honest price for a record sold privately, as in not by a dealer. I can understand dealers having high prices - it's their living, overheads etc, but I just think for someone to put one of their records up for sale at a dealer price... well, as them terrible peas said: where is the love, eh? All it does is push up the price, as do idiotic ebay bidders like the above.

What on Earth am I rambling on about? No idea... End of year in review type thing: Great for open-minded lovers of all things funky and odd (think brillo), but i think a not so good one for the 'deepfunk'  scene, too many self appointed generals ruining everything, just like the eager bidders...
          http://wakeupanddie.com
          http://weirdgearnyc.com
          http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ Dec. 20 2003,17:35)]There was one for 125 UK pounds, not even bucks... Stupid, stupid, stupid twats, the lot of 'em. It's possible that a real record dealer might sell you a Cali Soul at the normal price of 30-40 quid. Ask Gerald, his price was 40 pre-KFC, hopefully it still is, that's if can find any now as word of legions of minted fools might've got around...
            Every copy seems to be on ebay these days but the last time I saw one for sale it was Gerald who had it for thirty or maybe thirty five pounds. I remember thinking at the time something along the lines of 'I'll wait for a cheaper copy. Every wants this at the minute because of Brainfreeze, the price will drop soon.' You're right though, it's probably worth asking around. There may well be a copy lurking and I have to buy a few presents for myself after all.

Comment

Am I missing something or is that version identical to the album (Marlena, I'm referring to)? I can understand people paying out for something that's different, but why not just buy the album. It was only about 30 quid last I looked. Or am underestimating the aesthetic value of it on a 7-inch?
              http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Well you can get a reissue for about twelve quid or buy one of the many comps it's on. But there is something about seven inches/45s that's very appealing. Obviously they're usually louder and therefore better for playing out but it's more than that. I guess the appeal of a 45 is a whole other thread though.

Comment

It's always been a 30 quid tune as far as I can remember, years and years. People like to have it on 45 for what I presume are the same reasons as myself: Louder, rawer production (many 45 releases don't have the extra bit of production polishing studios do for LPs) and they're just fun to have around. Plus you get to carry them around in cute little cases or great big ones that pull your back out.... take your pick.
                  http://wakeupanddie.com
                  http://weirdgearnyc.com
                  http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ Dec. 20 2003,18:34)]Louder, rawer production (many 45 releases don't have the extra bit of production polishing studios do for LPs).
                    That's certainly true with some other Cadet releases (Ray Bryant springs to mind   ). But is there something about Cadet vinyl - even 45's that look minty can sound a little 'noisy' and more so than general it seems? And I was forgetting the KFC factor.  

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Dec. 20 2003,18:20)]Am I missing something or is that version identical to the album (Marlena, I'm referring to)? I can understand people paying out for something that's different, but why not just buy the album. It was only about 30 quid last I looked. Or am underestimating the aesthetic value of it on a 7-inch?
                      £30 for the 1977 reissue maybe.

1969 1st issue goes for anywhere between £50 to £100 depending on which UK based loon you go to.

Unless you come up lucky and find one for 99c in the back of a converted party shop in Cincinatti.

Comment

that lyn christopher LP IS SHIT. the marlena 45 is just brilliant (agree with you Rich on dodgy 45 sound quality though)... but 125 bucks?!

festive madness indeed. back to car booting!
                        http://www.blaxploitation.com
                        Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (theeman @ Dec. 22 2003,10:00)]that lyn christopher LP IS SHIT. the marlena 45 is just brilliant (agree with you Rich on dodgy 45 sound quality though)... but 125 bucks?!
                          Like many of you I'm kicking myself a bit for not picking up a copy when they were findable in the £30-£40 price band, but hey.... I've got the anthology if I really need to hear it.

While we're on this thread, which 45s did you all not bother picking up for cheap when you could and then regret it when the price went all crazy ?
                          Matt Hero

Comment

Eddy Jacobs Exchange - Pull my coat.

But I can't complain really. I managed to score many a cheap 45 in my time.

Comment

Why pay that much get the silver lp... yes it's loud and raw and you get other great tracks...
                              traded my 45 ages ago....

Comment

Working...
                              X