Did everyone get their xmas cd/tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did everyone get their xmas cd/tape

Admittedly I was a little slack in getting mine together, but Mr. Lovegrove, it is in the post to you now and should be with you by tomorrow!

Any comments, track listings, opinions to share?

Martin's choice was as wayward as they come - jumping from Geoff Love to UB40 to Saundra Phillips and a few newer jaunts. All in all a nice car listen.

If anybody's interested in what I put together, well here's the tracklisting - I could burn one or two more if the need arises.

Black Science Orchestra - Headspace Lullaby
    The Electones - Sometimes Sunshine
    Axis Choir - I See The Sun
    Zimpala - The Breeze Is Black
    Bix Project - That Microphone Track
    LTJ Bukem - Cosmic Interlude
    Skin Divers - 29 Rivers
    Pleb - No Mercy
    Advertising The Invisible - Making Heads Turn
    Robert Jay - Alcohol
    The Noteables - Funky Frog
    Robert Moore - EverythingÂ’s Gonna Be Alright
    Priscilla Price - Rockerfella Jones
    Camille Brown - Stop
    Michael Jay - Electric Twist
    Max Sedgely - Happy
    Comic Book Heroes - The Secret Arsenal
    Prince Brownell - New Breed From A Soul Seed
    Frederick Hymes III - Time AinÂ’t Gonna Do Me No Favor
    Hokis Pokis - Nowhere

brother logic did indeed send me two blinding cd's, so i was certainly not let down.

everything from dusty springfield to cold blood to nucleus and barbie??

hope he receives the row & racket that i sent him, and maybe enjoys it.  

Comment

rich did you get my md yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (pokester @ Dec. 22 2003,15:54)]rich did you get my md yet ?
        Nothing yet Pokester but my postie is a random man so fingers crossed.  (I'm still awaiting several parcels from the continent from the beginning of December ). My mouth is watering at that tracklisting! I had to replace the needle so yours should be in the post tomorrow - apologies that it won't arrive for the day but I'll bung in one or two extras in to make up for that.  
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] ]Priscilla Price - Rockerfella Jones
          Hi Belson - great track-listing - nice to see someone who rates this track...

My question is, my girl keeps reckoning she's heard the breakdown on this 45 sampled... I say not... can you help solve this domestic...

Munday's Child - many thanks for my mix, arrived at the weekend. Especially grateful for the trip down memory lane with some D'n'B classics - I do love the J Majik / Cathy Brown track... fantastic ! Hope you got my C90 no probs...

Cheers !

Xmas       's all round !
          If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Sie Vulture @ Dec. 22 2003,16:43)]
            Originally posted by [b
            Hi Belson - great track-listing - nice to see someone who rates this track...!
            The highlight of highlights for Best Of Brillo for me - anyone know where I can get one? And is the 'Funny' 45 by Priscilla any cop?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws....y=45539
            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Sie Vulture @ Dec. 22 2003,16:43)]
              Originally posted by [b
              Hi Belson - great track-listing - nice to see someone who rates this track...

My question is, my girl keeps reckoning she's heard the breakdown on this 45 sampled... I say not... can you help solve this domestic...
              Great track, Sie - and I think it's safe to say that it was this tune that bounced Rich Heros nadgers off the floor and back again.

I can't answer your breakdown enquiry properly, Sie, but I'ld say no.  It's a short snippet before the vox comes in over the top, and it sounds to me lke the guy isn't spot on the one. Still, maybe with a lot of chopping.

BTW Rich I got mine off of the bay for pence. It does show up, but it's a rare'un. Also rare in the sense that nobody on the funk tip (ie DeepFunk Tip) seems to know about it. When they do, I'ld suggest that the price is gonna blow!!

Comment

I got my copy in Boogaloo Records in Leicester many moons ago... was in there again recently and I didn't see any more copies.

Glad to hear it's a   choice cut... and kinda pleased I didn't turn up with it one night just to find out I was there in 2004 with the tune of 2003 !

"I got to find him, I love my baby, in the midnight hour... he's soo good, he's sooo good, I got to find him..."
                If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Cheers Belson - My lady reckons that the drums and the vox were included on this "sample" she'd heard... bad case of Fatboy Slim-itis I reckon...

Also, we had another 'domestic' the other night when she claimed that she didn't 'get' Dirty Serge's masterpiece L'Histoire De Melody Nelson...

Grrr! Women eh?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Sie Vulture @ Dec. 22 2003,16:52)]I got my copy in Boogaloo Records in Leicester many moons ago... was in there again recently and I didn't see any more copies.

Glad to hear it's a   choice cut... and kinda pleased I didn't turn up with it one night just to find out I was there in 2004 with the tune of 2003 !

"I got to find him, I love my baby, in the midnight hour... he's soo good, he's sooo good, I got to find him..."
                    Nooo, Della Reese was the tune of 2003 (thank you Dean and Veris!!&#33. (Is it too late to backtrack, tell everyone 'Rockerfella Jones' is shite and hope they pass it over next time it comes up... ).

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Dec. 22 2003,16:56)]Nooo, Della Reese was the tune of 2003 (thank you Dean and Veris!!&#33.
                      There were **many** tunes of 2003, Rich. Oh yes!

Comment

I'm surprised to hear (from Belson) that this Priscilla Price 45 isn't common knowledge to the Deepfunk etc crowds... I got mine for a fiver and thought "cheap as chips, common as muck"...

Prepare for the usual Sie disclaimer... here it comes...

"but what do I know"

Anyway, another 45 that's totally rocking my world at the minute is by London Fogg, called "Easy Mover" and it's got a bangin' Hammond-fuelled instrumental on the flip (called 'Trippin' I think...).

Whaddya all know about London Fogg... ? ? ?

(sorry, this should be another thread.... got carried away...)

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Belson @ Dec. 22 2003,16:58)]
                          Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Dec. 22 2003,16:56)]Nooo, Della Reese was the tune of 2003 (thank you Dean and Veris!!&#33.
                          There were **many** tunes of 2003, Rich. Oh yes!
                          Oh yes! (I just meant in the sense that Della seemed to cause the most kerfuffle any time it got played, and was the only thing to get aired twice on the night   ).

Comment

Colin, got your tape a few days ago. Tons of stuff that I didn't recognise which was great. I'd love a track list if you have one. Your tape will go in the post tomorrow.

Comment

Just finishing mine off now! Bongolia, it should be with you in days or you can p.m me with your address and I'll pop it thru your door mate!

Mad lovely stuff on there, I gotta say so myself!

Iwish I was getting it thru my door

I was raised by wolves

Comment

Working...
                              X