!merry christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !merry christmas

Whilst my arms were droppin' off, due to lugging a big bag of spuds carrotts & parsnips around town, i figured that 1 last pop into Oxfam pre X-Mas was OK. (It's a fairly dire branch & i'm workin' on getting to a point in life where i can pass it & not pop in for fear of missing something (the fact that i have never had a decent record out of there still does not deter me&#33
    Any how, my eyes were alerted to a "Merry Christmas" in the withered racks, it looked like a library LP..... low & behold @ the bottom stated "composed by Anthony Mawer & Geoff Bastow"... Checked the lable,, Impress (1976). ??
    Well it's only £1.99 & Im sure my good lady will allow a festive LP purchase without too much gripin'
    I bought it & thought no more.... until I just had a look at the tracks...........
    These stood out...
    "God Rest Ye" described as VERY FUNKY INTERPRRETATION WITH FUZZ & WAH WAH!!
    "DE HOLLY & DE IVY" described as a NOVELTY REGGAE VERSION (Hence the spelling I guess)....

I really don't think I can bring my self to listen to it, but there again it might work on ebay next year... Rare UK X-mas FUNK library, ill sick beats & reggae rhythms too .... if only i'd carried on past that sodding Ofam!!!!!!!!!& #33;
    Merry X Mas you vulture boys,,, good digging for the zero four!
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg
Working...
X