Nye 11.59pm....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nye 11.59pm....

Whether you're playing out, indoors, outdoors whatever or whatever, what would be the ideal tune that you would usher in this particular New Year with?

Previous years I've gone for James Brown 'Soulful Christmas', Deniece Williams 'Free', and for the 2000 passover Dobie's 'Coming up for air'........a bizarre choice cos it's a rather chilled out downtempo track with a killer bassline. Worked a treat as everybody ended up hugging each other into 2000.

This year, I'm going for Sounds of Blackness 'Optimistic'.

Music with a message.

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Belson @ Dec. 24 2003,09:26)]Whether you're playing out, indoors, outdoors whatever or whatever, what would be the ideal tune that you would usher in this particular New Year with?

Previous years I've gone for James Brown 'Soulful Christmas', Deniece Williams 'Free', and for the 2000 passover Dobie's 'Coming up for air'........a bizarre choice cos it's a rather chilled out downtempo track with a killer bassline. Worked a treat as everybody ended up hugging each other into 2000.

This year, I'm going for Sounds of Blackness 'Optimistic'.

Music with a message.

Well the Christmas track would have been Elephant Man 'Badman Holiday' but for NYE? The last track off the Pryde LP (for the bagpipes into funkiness steez). I'll get my thinking capon for something more profound...
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Dec. 24 2003,11:35)]I'll get my thinking capon for something more profound...

is this rich's thinking capon? very festive!
      http://www.blaxploitation.com
      Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

LOL! Whoops...

No, here it is Ed.

Now where were we?
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

(Or... )

Comment

After consulting my bird, 'A Time For Us' by Joe Pass, for a moment of calm before continuing with the party shenanigans. Great sentiment and a fantastic version (seriously) of what we all know and love as Simon Bates's 'Our Tune'.

Comment

Bill Withers 'Lovely Day' has worked a treat for me in the past..
              Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Im down with this one, James Brown 'Soulful Christmas'
                or his version of Sunny or
                "Our lives are shaped by what we love" Oddesey
                You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

I once played a "twist' version of AULD LANG SYNE by the Metro's at a New Years Eve party.

Merry chrissie all and a smashin' new year.

David
                  God bless Fatso.

Comment

How about that Hawkshaw classic . . . Countdown

Di-di di-di  di-di di-doooow Happy New Year!      
                    Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Or Steve Miller 'Fly Like An Eagle'...

Comment

Working...
                      X