Rhythm & crunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhythm & crunch

I was just catching up on some of the programmes that I recorded over Christmas, amongst them 'Dee Time' - a doc on the rise & fall of Simon Dee.

Amongst the archive material shown was the Smiths Crisps TV advert using 'Rhythm & Crunch', featuring Dee telling you how to obtain your free copy. It was his appearance in this advert apparently, that persuaded the BBC to commission his first chat show.

So, that's something new for you to bore your friends and family with next time you're discussing flexi disks with them. As I'm sure you do a lot.
    Matt Hero

What did you have to do to get one?

Comment

ona TV related theme, BBC4 is showing loads of soul stuff tonight, gonna leave the VCR recording and see what it's all about. Could be good...
      http://wakeupanddie.com
      http://weirdgearnyc.com
      http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Jan. 02 2004,16:58)]What did you have to do to get one?
        I think it was a collect tokens thing, but they didn't show the whole advert unfortunately.
        Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ Jan. 02 2004,17:03)]ona TV related theme, BBC4 is showing loads of soul stuff tonight, gonna leave the VCR recording and see what it's all about. Could be good...
          They're showing both  'Soul To Soul'and a making of documentary of the same film.

More details on the BBC4 site....

After that, something called 'Soul Weekender', apparently behind the scenes at Caister. Which should be erm, entertaining.

Oh, and between the two, a profile of Issac Hayes.
          Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Jan. 02 2004,17:47)]
            Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Jan. 02 2004,16:58)]What did you have to do to get one?
            I think it was a collect tokens thing, but they didn't show the whole advert unfortunately.
            Ahh. I always assumed they just popped them through peoples doors or something. I guess the token thing meant they could keep the quality up. Which is a very good thing. Did they give a year? I assuming it was a late sixties thing.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Jan. 02 2004,18:08)]Which is a very good thing. Did they give a year? I assuming it was a late sixties thing.
              Well, his BBC show started in 1967, so I'd guess that it would have been 1966-67.

It does mean that you can get from Smiths Crisps to Roy Budd in just a few steps now. If you want to of course.
              Matt Hero

Comment

Is it too late to send in the tokens?
                You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Jan. 02 2004,20:26)]Is it too late to send in the tokens?
                  Rich,

If you can find 5 appropriate tokens, I'll give you a copy of the 45.
                  Matt Hero

Comment

Working...
                  X