Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Op vakantie zijn is geweldig! - the dutc version!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Op vakantie zijn is geweldig! - the dutc version!

Right, back from Holland with a ton of Vinyl. Ended up going to see friends and my girlfriends family in Rotterdam, De Hauge and Amsterdam. Went to all of my old spots and found a few new ones. Here goes:

Rotterdam:

Dikalo - African Sound - Really cool afro funk lp from France, loads of tracks.

Comp - That's Discotheque - This has got so much good stuff on it, Ray Barretto, Kool and the Gang, Janko Nilovic, Nico Gomez, etc. It really is just all the best tracks from the Blue Elephant label - Double

James Last - Hair - One of the best versions of the Hair soundtrack? - Double

Massada - Astaganaga - Dutch only, two cool tracks, Beautiful Berimbau and Nena. - Double

Klaus Wunderlich - Sound Explosion - New Klaus LP to me, contains the best thing I've heard from him, Slalom Beat.

The Dave Myers Effect - Greatest Racing Themes - French tribute lp to motor racing, loads of tracks with great titles too, Silent Screamers, Shake a Lady, Speed International, etc.

Laurie Steel Orch - A Flask of Wine - A certain dealer is often selling this piece at a premium, it's OK but not worth more than a few pounds IMO.

The Big Band Soul - Soul Extravaganza - Some great covers with big breaks and drum intros, best is probably their version of Sock it to Em JB.

Nico Gomez - The Best of - There are lots of Nico Gomez comps but this really is the best. it's got all his best tracks inc. quite a few from Ritual - Double

Bill Shepherd - London Sound 1976 - Bill by the sound of it is a Brit that moved to Oz then wrote an lp singing the praises of London, Picadilly Pick Up is probably the best track.

Oscar Harris and The Twinkle Stars - Dutch only Funk containing the track Relax before Doing Sex.

Daniel Gerard - Atmosphere - Contains the well funky track Sexologie.

Wim Overgaaum - Sagittarius - Dutch jazz guitarist, someone on Soulstrut listed this amongst his best finds of 2003 - Double

Sammy Davis - Sings the great TV Tunes - Not seen this one before, Sammy has a stab at Hawaii 5-0, Barettas Theme and the Theme from Kojak.

Chris Bruhn - Jump In - German Exploito lp with 4 funky/easy tracks on it.

Raymond Vincent - Metronomics - One crazy track that is so funky one minute then almost unlistenable the next.

De Niuwe Volkswagen Transporter - Not sure who this is by, a whole LP dedicated to Volkwagen latest release with two really funky tracks on it.

Festival Big Band - Explosive - Really pleased to find another copy of this for a lot less than I paid for my first copy. Funky Dutch only big band - Double

Fania All Stars - Latin Soul Rock - Live versions of Viva Tirado and Soul Makossa with Manu Dibango.

Ken Woodman - That's Nice - Only my second ever copy of this lp, the track Mexican Flyer is amazing - Double

Equals - Born Ya - Early Eddy Grant Incarnation with the track Funky Like a Train.

Myriam Makeba - Country Girl - Two or three nice tracks on here Including a great take on a Jorge Ben song.

Max Greger - Hi Fi Stereo - Max had two funky LP's, this is one with versions of Spinning Wheel and his original Soul Breeze.

Jess and James - Change 7" - Nice funky Freakbeat track.

Jimmy Walker - Amsterdam's Hangover - Dutch only funk 7"

De Hauge - Found a thrift store down the road from my girlfriend's sister, tons of records, not enough time.

The John Schroeder Orch - Working in a Soul Mine - Second copy of this I've found in a couple of weeks. The drums on GOMLW are huge!! - Double

Two Man Sound -Disco samba 12" - Cheesy Disco Samba I think.

Cyril Stapleton - Dance In - Some semi funky covers of hits of the day.

Wim Overgaauw - Don't Disturb - Another LP from this Dutch Jazz Guitarist.

James Last - Beachparty - Funky batucada type track - Double

Rasa - Everything You See is Me - Hare Krishna lp sampled by KRS One I think? - Double

Sergio Mendes and Brazil 66 - Mas Que Nada, etc.

Eddie Thompson - Piano Mood - Not listened to this yet, probably a straight ahead jazz lp on MPS.

Them - In Reality

Piano Selection - MPS comp with all the German heavyweights.

Chris Hinze - Bacharach Bravo - Dutch flautist, not seen this lp before.

Julio Iglesias - Live - Not many people know this lp as far as I know, contains one fantastic track with just the band before Julio comes in and spoils it. Track sounds like Soul makossa - Double

Hamilton Bohannon - Insides Out - Double.

Jumbo Sterlings Reggae Party

Fausto papetti - 24th Raccolta

Phase 6 - Intimita - Funky Italian label, not listened to this yet though.

Tony Sherman - S/T - Funky Dutch only lp which contains a great version of Slippin' into Darkness. - Double

Amsterdam Shops:

Marian de Garriga - Het Jaaro van de Okreeft - Funky Dutch only soundtrack.

Sounds Orchestral - Cast Your Fate to the Wind - I'm not normally a fan of these guys but this one contains John Schroeder, Johnny Pearson, Alan Moorhouse and Keith Mansfield!

Jose Feliciano - Compartments - As far as I'm aware Jose released two funky lps, this is one of them, versions of Yes we Can Can, I'm Leavin, etc - Double

David Black - Salvation - Rock musical that gets very funky in parts, thanks to Nick C for turning me onto this one - Double

Lionel Hampton - I Giganti Del Jazz - Euro only series of lp's,this is one of the goodies with a great version of Raunchy Rita, Killer Joe and Psychedelic Sally. - Double

Rob Mcconnell and the Boss Brass - The Jazz Album - One really funky track on here that grooves for over 11 mins - Double.

I Giganti Del Jazz - Jerome Richardson - One of the other ones in this series to look for, great version of Ode to Billie Joe - Double

Collegiate Neophonic Orch of Southern California - Some mad funky stuff on here inc. Neophonic Funk.

Nieman Enigmatic - Great funky Polish Hammond LP, cheers for the heads up on this Sermad!

Julius Steffaro - Wat Zien ik - Another funky Dutch only soundtrack.

Jan Ackerman - S/T - Funky Dutch only LP from this guitarist. - Double

Urbie Green - Green Power - Great LP from this trombonist, unlike anything else I've heard by him.

Norman Williams - The Bishop - Funky LP on Theresa from this quintet.

Vollmond Jazz - Don't know anything about this German LP but it rocks from start to finish, anyone have any info on this.

Letty de Jong - Dolce - One track that veers from funky to Cheese.

Jeff Hest - Tip of the Iceberg - Seen this quite a lot on Ebay recently, very funky in places.

Shake Keane - Dig It - Excellent versions of classic R and B numbers.

Pop Concerto Orch - Only a Souvenir 7" - B side is funky, Aphrodisiac

Yared Orch - Watch out for the System 7" - Again the B side is where the funk lives!

Hoctor - Butterfat and Hot Mud - Two Funky 7's from this jazz dance label.

The last place I hit was a flea market that was way out of town that only happens every three months. All records were 3 Euros or under.

Mel Brown - Blues for We

Various - Jazz From Around the World - Great comp of Jazz on Mps featuring tracks comped by Giles Peterson.

George Baker Selection - Little Green Bag - One really funky hammond track on here - Double.

John Eardley - Jazz from the States - The outstanding track on here is Subtroyan Influence - Double.

Bert Kaempfert - 6 Plus 6 -Funky version of Shaft and others -Double

Jeff Cooper and the Stoned Wings - Tribute to Hendrix - Euro issue of this great lp inc the tracks Git Some, Patch of Grass and Gettin Busted - Double.

Matrix - S/T - Funky lp on Rare Earth.

Puzzle - Second Album - One cool track State of Mind.

Nina Simone - Right On - Contains her version of See Line Woman.

So that's it. Apologies for the long list. All in all a pretty decent trip!

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (llmod1 @ Jan. 03 2004,19:09)]Nico Gomez - The Best of - There are lots of Nico Gomez comps but this really is the best. it's got all his best tracks inc. quite a few from Ritual - Double

The John Schroeder Orch - Working in a Soul Mine - Second copy of this I've found in a couple of weeks. The drums on GOMLW are huge!! - Double
    Would definitely be interested in trading for these..

Unbelievable haul once again, you lucky duck!
    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

what is that SEST STRYCU lp like ?

Comment

It's not arrived yet. I'm led to believe that it's very funky. Have to wait and see!

BTW I'm off to Antwerp this weekend. Wish me luck. Who wants my doubles of the Placebo's?

Comment

I have a copy of this LP available for trade.
          records - one a week mixcloud
          records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Two Man Sound were Belgian i think. Bill will know for sure. i love 'Que Tal America', but not heard that track you have.

been after that Shake Keane for a while - one of the more obscure Phase 4s...

wouldn't mind the James Last and the Feliciano, but not sure i have anything that you don't!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Jan. 08 2004,17:32)]Two Man Sound were Belgian i think. Bill will know for sure. i love 'Que Tal America', but not heard that track you have.

been after that Shake Keane for a while - one of the more obscure Phase 4s...

wouldn't mind the James Last and the Feliciano, but not sure i have anything that you don't!
              Actually, I think they were Dutch, but I could be wrong. I know the album that Two Man Sound comes from (and I think Disco Samba is also on it) and everything else I've heard is pants. Que Tal America's ace, though.
              http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

I found that Shake Keane LP some time ago.

It's now in my 'Freebies' pile.

I'm not liking it.

Benicio
                Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (left hand corner @ Jan. 08 2004,17:24)]I have a copy of this LP available for trade.
                  Sorry to be dense but which lp do you have for trade?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Benicio Del Toffo @ Jan. 08 2004,19:40)]I found that Shake Keane LP some time ago.

It's now in my 'Freebies' pile.

I'm not liking it.

Benicio
                    You're joking!

I too have been after that Shake Keane LP for several years now.. (I was going to post this in Wants).

I'm very interested, but as Bongolia's already posted saying that he's been after it too, and me being such a gentleman of course, it'd feel a bit wrong to ask if I could have it.

Damn my niceness. Damn. Shit.
                    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

although I don't like there music....... two man sound is from belgium...
                      it's Lou Depryck (worked in el chicles, liberty six, and produced plastic bertrand)
                      and Sylvain Vanholmen (wallace collection gave us "daydream" )

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] ]Sorry to be dense but which lp do you have for trade?
                        The SEST STRYCU, if anyone's interested.
                        records - one a week mixcloud
                        records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                        X