X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (La-Soul-Fiend @ Jan. 13 2004,11:47)]
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Jan. 13 2004,11:02)]Glenda McCloud: No Stranger to Love (HGEI 7&quot
    CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!& #33;!!!!!

Waited more than ten years to hear this modern soul anthem once more, never seen it untill last night and certainly never held a copy in my mitts. Only ever really played out by 2 dj's as I recall and he dropped it!

Absolutely weeed myself when this caused a tiny soulboy scrum down at the decks with Bill, Ed & Hayden arching over the consul to peep the rotating pulse of loveliness like cheeky schoolboys grabbing a cop at their first sexy teacher in school!I believe the amassed woooing created the effect of a rather attractive froth [at the mouth] untill they dissapeared into the foam of their own joyous creation!

Very sweet  

Thanks Paul by the way, quite made my night mate!
    Shucks.

Nice one. Mem.s of / Stafford / Chesterfield / Mexborough / Blackburn, circa 1980-something and the legend that is Ian Clark.
    Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Jan. 13 2004,12:13)]
      Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (La-Soul-Fiend @ Jan. 13 2004,11:47)]
      Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Jan. 13 2004,11:02)]Glenda McCloud: No Stranger to Love (HGEI 7&quot
      CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!& #33;!!!!!

Waited more than ten years to hear this modern soul anthem once more, never seen it untill last night and certainly never held a copy in my mitts. Only ever really played out by 2 dj's as I recall and he dropped it!

Absolutely weeed myself when this caused a tiny soulboy scrum down at the decks with Bill, Ed & Hayden arching over the consul to peep the rotating pulse of loveliness like cheeky schoolboys grabbing a cop at their first sexy teacher in school!I believe the amassed woooing created the effect of a rather attractive froth [at the mouth] untill they dissapeared into the foam of their own joyous creation!

Very sweet  

Thanks Paul by the way, quite made my night mate!
      Shucks.

Nice one. Mem.s of / Stafford / Chesterfield / Mexborough / Blackburn, circa 1980-something and the legend that is Ian Clark.
      that record is absolutely brilliant. nice one. made my night.
      http://www.blaxploitation.com
      Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Originally posted by [b
        I might have located a couple of copies if anyone's interested.

Comment

Very
          http://wakeupanddie.com
          http://weirdgearnyc.com
          http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Belson @ Jan. 13 2004,13:01)]
            Originally posted by [b
            Originally posted by [b

Mista B!!!

errrrrrrrrr, Fuck yeh! I been scoping this for tiiiiiiiiime.

PM me?
            I was raised by wolves

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Originally posted by [b
              Originally posted by [b

Count me in unless I am too late!

Be careful though, I spoke to a few soulies I know this morning and they think it might have been bootlegged in the 80's. I haven't got Manships book, so I can't tell you if this is true or not.

Great to see you all last night and meet a few new faces (to me) also.
              He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Hey guys.

Im sorry I missed last night but Im still in barbados! Been here since ny and its been dope. Back on the weekend I think.

Too hot to go looking for records but today Im going to try and find Eddy Grants studio. It should be fun. tata!
                www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ Jan. 13 2004,13:45)]
                  Originally posted by [b
                  Originally posted by [b
                  Originally posted by [b
                  I might have located a couple of copies if anyone&#39;s interested.

Count me in unless I am too late&#33;

Be careful though, I spoke to a few soulies I know this morning and they think it might have been bootlegged in the 80&#39;s. I haven&#39;t got Manships book, so I can&#39;t tell you if this is true or not.

I know about the re-ish, Hadrian. I&#39;ve been having a look around and I&#39;ve found a few and at varying prices with different dealers.

I&#39;ve got two cheaper ones coming first - hopefully they&#39;re not reish. I&#39;ve seen a scan of the labels and they&#39;re identical to Stans copy he had last night. However it would appear that first issues DON&#39;T have a bevelled edge to the run in groove.

I&#39;ll keep ya up to speed when they come in.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Belson @ Jan. 13 2004,14:37)]
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ Jan. 13 2004,13:45)]
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Originally posted by [b
                    I might have located a couple of copies if anyone&#39;s interested.

Count me in unless I am too late&#33;

Be careful though, I spoke to a few soulies I know this morning and they think it might have been bootlegged in the 80&#39;s. I haven&#39;t got Manships book, so I can&#39;t tell you if this is true or not.

I know about the re-ish, Hadrian. I&#39;ve been having a look around and I&#39;ve found a few and at varying prices with different dealers.

I&#39;ve got two cheaper ones coming first - hopefully they&#39;re not reish. I&#39;ve seen a scan of the labels and they&#39;re identical to Stans copy he had last night. However it would appear that first issues DON&#39;T have a bevelled edge to the run in groove.

I&#39;ll keep ya up to speed when they come in.
                    As I recall it went like this:

When it was played in the 80s at Stafford and so on, it had the reputation of being one of the rarest of the rare. Ian Clark was the only person I can remember playing it. I was fairly assiduous about records in those days and I got the idea from somewhere that it was unissued. For years you had no hope of finding a copy.

I think I&#39;m right in saying that about 5-6 or so years ago, either a quantity of originals turned up or that the people behind it legitimately issued a small quantity (albeit 10+ years or so after it was recorded). I didn&#39;t pay bootie money for mine and it came off a reputable dealer who knows me and who I very much doubt would try to mess me about.

At that time, it was about for a little while, on lists and that, and then seemed to dry up again. I&#39;m a bit out of the loop on Northern records but, gfor what it&#39;s worth, I can&#39;t recollect one up for sale acknowledged as a bootleg.
                    Endless Tripe

Comment

quite frankly that record&#39;s so good i couldn&#39;t give a toss if it&#39;s a bootleg or not. count me in if anyone can turn up some copies.
                      http://www.blaxploitation.com
                      Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Apart from asking MANY modern &amp; northern dealers at MANY nights over the MANY years I attended these clubs up to when I dropped outta the entire scene, I never met with any result. The nearest I got to a copy being when a dealer would say he had one last week but it went already type thing. Soon after escaping the very strange world of northern soul and turning my attention to the outside world of diverse musical potential I began getting lists from the big UK dealers. A few years down the line I was well suprised to see a copy turn up on Mark Resolution&#39;s list. This hapened numerously but by then it was too late for Glenda and me. Although the love affair was still alive, it was now shaded by a blosomming affection for newness and I turned my fondness for record molesting to european weirdness and Jazz. I let her pass time and time again, only ever paying a cursory glance for her on the bay.
                        Weird then that I should cop an ear full at Brillo, especially after last month when the flagrant excess of the Hammond roadshow almost made me fear for my sanity&#33;&#33;&#33;

I guess it goes like that sometimes, right?

I am glad I asked Paul if he knew the tune though last month and he remembered this as he casually slipped the 45 underneath my nose&#33; Cheers again mate
                        I was raised by wolves

Comment

Working...
                        X