No announcement yet.

What do normal people buy at booters?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do normal people buy at booters?!?

What happens to the 99.99% of records at booters that are of no interest to us? Do other people buy them and is there another market for all those unloved Nick Kershaw LP's (aside from Greg and Matt    )???

This was sparked a friend who's hoping to raise some money for Operation Raleigh by a few boot sales, and I was wondering how to 'maximise her potential sales'. What should she be selling? (Keep it clean   ).
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Never bought a Nick Kershaw record, Rich!! How dare you!

I did see him 'live' though at a Best Disco in Town at the Hammersmith Palais in about 1982. I say live, what he was doing was bouncing about on stage miming to his record 'Wouldn't it be good.' Every time he pogoed about a bit and landed his foot on the stage, the record would jump.

Happy memories - he managed to jump the record to about half its' length.......which was nice.

Comment

LOL!!! Being an 80's ignoramus I was lumping him in with ABC and The Thompson Twins. Can't deny the genius that is 'The Riddle' though.

Now, where were we?
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Do you mean records Rich, or just *anything* ?

Nik Kershaw ? Nah, always more of a Howard Jones fan me-self. Jez period only, obviously.
        Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Jan. 06 2004,14:21)]Do you mean records Rich, or just *anything* ?

Nik Kershaw ? Nah, always more of a Howard Jones fan me-self. Jez period only, obviously.
          Well, records to start with (this is VV after all) but anything at all really...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Jan. 06 2004,14:29)]
            Go on Jez, shake off those mental chains....

As for boots, I guess anything in the general collectors market... you'd be able to make a fair assessment yourself Rich.
            Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Jan. 06 2004,14:32)]As for boots, I guess anything in the general collectors market... you'd be able to make a fair assessment yourself Rich.
              To be honest I have total blinkers on at the boots (that's why I'm asking) - I wouldn't even see a portable for sale or a game of Kerplunk unless it tripped me on the way to the crates. That said, I did notice those samurai swords at Bursleden...  

Comment

Samurai swords @ Bursleden.......?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Belson @ Jan. 06 2004,14:59)]Samurai swords @ Bursleden.......?
                  Dot-to-dot...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Jan. 06 2004,14:44)]That said, I did notice those samurai swords at Bursleden...  
                    ...on the same stall as the replica firearms that fire air pellets. Classy.

On the occasions that I've done stalls at the boot, I've always been amazed at the rubbish people will buy. I'd say the important lessons are more about setting up (keeping control of the buyers as you set up ads they will try diving into the boot as soon as you pull up) and keeping a close eye on any notes you get passed.
                    Matt Hero

Comment

Kamahl

Comment

Working...
                      X