Pacific ocean blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific ocean blue

It seems that in the last year I've read numerous articles extolling the virtues of Dennis' lost masterpiece 'Pacific Ocean Blue'.

Don't suppose anyone could sort me out with a burn / minidisc of this album? I'd sort you something in exchange. Obviously, it's currently out of print, maybe the hype will convince whichever label owns Caribou now to re-release it, all polished up and with liner notes etc.

Apparently it used to be a car boot classic like 'Endless Flight' or 'Atlantic Crossing' that you couldn't give away, so someone must have it (he said, hopefully).

And another request, I watched 'Mulholland Drive' on DVD at the weekend, anyone any fucking clue as to who was who/what/where/how in that film?! Bonkers. But that Spanish version of 'Crying' was goosebump territory. As were the lesbian scenes. I also watched 'Trouble Every Day' at the weekend. Beatrice Dalle as a nympho-cannibal - nice, the God-like Vincent Gallo knocking one out - yum.

Anyway, I digress. All help is appreciated.

Benicio
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]It seems that in the last year I've read numerous articles extolling the virtues of Dennis' lost masterpiece 'Pacific Ocean Blue'.
    We must get the same magazines/papers as I too have been reading about this lost 'classic'.

If you're sorting out a copy for Mr Del Toffo would it be possible for you to do one for me? I will make it worth your while.
    records - one a week mixcloud
    records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Mr Del Toffo,

Popped out at lunchtime and met up with someone who has a copy of the album.

Can't do mini-disc copies. Would a CD suffice?
      records - one a week mixcloud
      records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

That sir, would be cock-on!

Keep me posted.

Now, anyone any ideas about 'Mulholland Drive'?!

Benicio
        Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

I'm glad you both found a copy a stunning album, which was issued on Cd in Japan in the early 90s. I picked it up out there in 93 after hearing the track thoughts of you on a tape that Bobby Gillespie did for Select Magazine.
          The reason that it hasn't been reissued recently is that no-one seems to be quite sure who owns it. Caribou was the Beach Boys own label - the follow up to Brother - but the individual members owned there own stuff (maybe). So now no-one knows who owns Dennis' recordings, which is doubly dissappointing as there are some great unreleased tracks.
          Hope you enjoy your burns.

Comment

Working...
          X