Salena jones lps help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salena jones lps help

I know this has been discussed before, but I can't find it here, and the old Soulstrut posts have been wiped out for at least the third time so I guess I'll have to ask again. What are the good Salena Jones LPs to look for and why please? Thanx.
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k-LP%20Covers/

Salena Jones with The Keith Mansfield Orchestra 'Self-Titled' on Muza. Got a real nice track on it...

Comment

Muza is a Polish issue of one of the CBS LPs.

The "Everybody's Talkin'" (CBS) LP has the wonderful version of Barbara Acklin's "Am I The Same Girl", "Moment Of Truth" (CBS LP) has the wonderful version of Mel Torme's "Right Now" and "This'n'That" (RCA LP) has a great version of "Do I Love You" which starts with just a break with her singing over it. Seem to remember a nice version of "Summertime" on there too. Not too sure about anything else.

There's a really good Decca 45 with her doing "I've Got The Blues" which bears an uncanny resemblance to the theme from Budgie...

And that's yer lot. From me, that is, I'm sure she's done other great stuff...
      There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

'Where Peaceful Waters Flow' has a lovely version of (Eden Ahbez's) 'Nature Boy'. (cheers Rich&#33

still not got round to listening to the rest of the album yet though!

Comment

There's a superb version of 'The Letter' on 'Platinum' (CBS 1971).

Comment

Try finding the BBC Radioplay LP with a slightly different (better IMHO) version of 'Morning Dew' on it to 'Everybody's Talking'.
            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I'd second the above comments.... I really should have added 'This n That' to my all killer list, as it is another 'washing up' record of choice in my house.

Motown, I've got a spare copy (a later Japanese pressing, but still) of it if you're interested.
              Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Mr Divine @ Jan. 11 2004,03:57)]There's a really good Decca 45 with her doing "I've Got The Blues" which bears an uncanny resemblance to the theme from Budgie...
                Top record. This is a KPM production with Syd Dale involvement. It also came out on US Parrot 7".
                Endless Tripe

Comment

Matt - If Mr Motown doesn't need then I am interested - I currently have a big fat zero number of Selena Jones lps despite my best efforts to rectify this
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Jan. 12 2004,11:16)]Matt - If Mr Motown doesn't need then I am interested - I currently have a big fat zero number of Selena Jones lps despite my best efforts to rectify this  
                    OK Lee, I've got a small selection of Salena spares that I'll bring up for your assessment.
                    Matt Hero

Comment

thanx for the offer, but you can let LDJB have it. i've never even heard a song by her before so I'd like to take a listen before I start buying/trading for her stuff. the odd thing is that I just can't seem to find any of her lps on this side of the Atlantic.
                      http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k-LP%20Covers/

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Motown67 @ Jan. 14 2004,20:20)]thanx for the offer, but you can let LDJB have it. i've never even heard a song by her before so I'd like to take a listen before I start buying/trading for her stuff. the odd thing is that I just can't seem to find any of her lps on this side of the Atlantic.
                        Funnily, that LP came from the US.....
                        Matt Hero

Comment

Did any of the stuff she did with the Toots Thielemans Quartet ever appear on a proper label, or were they just on BBC Radioplay? I really like her version of 'Keep On' (as used on the test card.)

I'd probably find it easier to get hold of the Radioplay version, but never mind!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Jan. 14 2004,22:04)]Did any of the stuff she did with the Toots Thielemans Quartet ever appear on a proper label, or were they just on BBC Radioplay? I really like her version of 'Keep On' (as used on the test card.)
                            Not on the Radioplay that *I* have (which is the same as the commercial 'Salena Fascinates' LP) - but Rich has another one so I'll wait for him to post.

Toots Thielemans eh... didn't Rob FRanken play in his band for a while in the 70's ?
                            Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Jan. 14 2004,20:58)]
                              Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Motown67 @ Jan. 14 2004,20:20)]thanx for the offer, but you can let LDJB have it. i've never even heard a song by her before so I'd like to take a listen before I start buying/trading for her stuff. the odd thing is that I just can't seem to find any of her lps on this side of the Atlantic.
                              Funnily, that LP came from the US.....
                              What Salena's stuff came from the US? I always thought her stuff was Euro only. I have her "moment of truth album and didn't find it to my liking. not as funky as I hoped it to be. Maybe I should give it another listen without the thought of seeking "breaks and loops". It's funny how different albums sound when you do this

Comment

Working...
                              X