Op vakantie zijn is geweldig! - part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Op vakantie zijn is geweldig! - part 2

Just back from a weekend in Antwerp. The city is known for its diamonds and I definitely brought some gems home with me (cue drum roll and canned laughter&#33 Thanks to Pokester for his tips. I'd like to dedicate this post to my biggest fan, Rich Hero. This ones for you

All records were between 1-3 Euros:

Ennio Morricone - Orca Soundtrack - This is Jap only and rare I think. Does anyone know the value of this? Ed?

Benji - S/T - Soundtrack with two really funky short pieces of chase music. (Double)

Brasil Tropical Sound - Brasil - Version of El Chicles track Malaria Fever (Double)

Soul Affair Orch - That's an Affair - Soul Gun is a 10 min funky track (Double)

Ed Maciel - Superstereo - Cool versions of Corazon etc.

Comp - Pop Music Dance - Cane and Able amongst others on here.

Jose Bertrami - Blue Wave - Polished Brazillian fusion.

Bob Downes - Deep Down Heavy - Really pleased to pull this funky UK number from a 1 Euro box.

Donnie Burks - The Swinging Sound of Soul

The Worlds Greatest Jazzband - Century Plaza - I bought a copy of this from Raj about 6 months ago, now found doubles. One nice funky track if my memory serves me right. (Double)

Vigon - Greatest Hits - One slow side, one funk side. The Spoiler is the best track.

Madeline Bell - This is One Girl - Another nice one to find cheap.

The Soul Affair Orch - S/T - Another funky discofied affair from this Belgium outfit.

Tom Jones - Body and Soul Of - Aint no Sunshine, great version.

Johnnie Spence - Bravo Brasso

Various - Expolsive Drums - Hope it's as good as the title suggests!

Rasa - Everything you See is Me - Krs 1 sampled Krishna band. (Double)

Rhoda Scott - Succes De L'Orgue - Funky Hammond inc. Splanky and Mach 2.

Chocolat's - Brasilia Carnival - Funky Cheesy Latin Disco. (Double)

Chocolat - King of Clubs

Black Soul - S/T - Some interesting Afro tracks on here.

Zack Laurence - A Taste of - Mississippi Delta etc. (Double)

St Tropez Jazz Octet - Jazz Goes Swinging - Euro only jazz lp with some great tracks. (Double)

Gilbeto Gill - S/T - Original version of Volkswagon Blue later covered by Brazillian Octopus.

Leon Bibb - Foment..Ferment..Free - Spoken word funkiness.

Merino Costa - Taka Takata - Version of the Nico Gomez track Aquarela. (Double)

Dracula and Co - Hot Blood.

Sammy Davis Jnr - Something for Everyone - Spinning Wheel, High Heel Sneakers, etc (Double)

Eksepton - S/T - Dutch band covering classics funky stylee! (Double)

Raymond Vincent - Metronomics - I just paid proper money for this on my trip to Holland now found a spare. one mad funky track. (Double)

Miriam Makeba - Forbidden Games - What a voice, unlike anything else. (Double)

Paul Mauriat - Rhythm and Blues - Sitar version of You Keep me Hangin On, Great! - (Double)

Sue Raney - Riding High - great vocal jazz, bossa sytle (Double)

Sandy Nelson - Drums a Go Go.

Buddy Rich - A Different Drummer - Cool versions of Jesus C Superstar tracks - (Double)

James Brown - Portrait of - All the classics on one LP.

Donna Hightower - The World is a Mess Today - Classy vocal jazz with a hint of funk - (Double)

Matrix - S/T - Cool funky rock on Rare Earth - (Double)

Collage - Misty - Hawkshaw etc get funky on this hard to find UK LP, Madrid is the track - (Double)

Wally Badarou - Echoes - Mambo as samples by Massive Attack.

Tribes - Sounds of the Woodstock Age - Evil ways.

The Soulful Strings - String Fever - Loads of great tracks on here - (Double)

The Equals - Greatest Hits - Interesting UK soul funk - (Double)

Jess and James - Pop Made in Belgum

Geoff Love - Horror Movie Themes - Not seen this one before, was this released in the UK?

Bill Black's Combo - Forever - Loads of great funk on here - (Double)

Shirley Bassey - Something - Not seen the US sleeve before so couldn't resist it! - (Double)

El Chicano - Cinco - Funky latin Rock - (Double)

Milt Buckner - Rockin' hammond -

Andre Brasseur - Hammond Virtuoso, the Fantastic Organ, Greatest Hits, and His Multi Sound Organ Vol 2 - All of these lp's have some well funky moments amongst the pap. - (doubles)

That's all Folks.

Note to self: never open any of Mark's 'in the bag' posts ever again..
    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (The Barbara Cartland Of Digging @ Jan. 11 2004,20:49)]I'd like to dedicate this post to my biggest fan, Rich Hero. This ones for you
      Gee shucks. And there was me hoping carrying all that vinyl would give you a hernia.

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Jan. 12 2004,10:24)]
        Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (The Barbara Cartland Of Digging @ Jan. 11 2004,20:49)]I'd like to dedicate this post to my biggest fan, Rich Hero. This ones for you
        Gee shucks. And there was me hoping carrying all that vinyl would give you a hernia.

Rich...careful fella, remember that Karma as you'll be lugging a few records around *very* soon
        Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Jan. 12 2004,10:28)]
          Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Jan. 12 2004,10:24)]
          Originally posted by [b

Rich...careful fella, remember that Karma as you'll be lugging a few records around *very* soon  
          But I only want triples of 'Brothers In Arms' and 'No Parlez' - any more would be greedy?

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Jan. 12 2004,10:30)]But I only want triples of 'Brothers In Arms' and 'No Parlez' - any more would be greedy?
            Ok, well that just leaves more Moody's for the rest of us then.
            Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (llmod1 @ Jan. 11 2004,20:49)]Ennio Morricone - Orca Soundtrack - This is Jap only and rare I think. Does anyone know the value of this? Ed?

Benji - S/T - Soundtrack with two really funky short pieces of chase music. (Double)
              orca: jap only issue, black top third of sleeve with title, bottom 2/3rds is a painting of a killer whale or something? if it's that one, it's about a 50 quid record. there's another one with a very similar name which is a pound bin record.

that Benji OST i highly rate - there's one killer cut on it. very slept-on. the 2nd OST also has a funky track, but it's a little more disco.

thanks for the Platina tip Mark - that Bar Barim is a cracker.
              http://www.blaxploitation.com
              Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Ed, I'll bring their other LP tonight for you to listen to.

Comment

wich shops did you visit llmod1 ... ?

*pokester*

Comment

Pokester, as far as I remember I went to:

Backtrack
                    Fat Kat
                    Replay
                    Record Collector: in fact a lot of what I found was here in their one euro room. They had a ton of heat in their main room but they know their prices. They had around 7 original copies of the Meters 1st LP plus loads of other stuff. I stuck to their back room.

In your opion how does Antwerp compare to other Belgium / Dutch cities for digging. I was pretty impressed.

Are most of the thimgs Ifound pretty common and easy to turn up over there?

Thanks again for the tips.

Comment

Working...
                    X