Trojan lps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trojan lps

Was at a Red Cross Charity shop this weekend and I picked a few bits up at 10p each.

I was particularly upset by what some callow youth had done to their Public Enemy LPs before dumping them with the charity (cutting pics out of the sleeve and annihilating the vinyl), PE are pretty much sacrosanct and to inflict any damage on 'Nation of Millions' should be punishable by being wedgied to death.

Anyway, in amongst all the usual chuff, I got a few Hammond/Moog bits and a disco version of 'Hair' with some soopah disco breaks etc but the 3 curios were some Trojan comps:

Millie and Her Boyfriends - S/T
    Various - You Left Me Standing
    Various -Reggae Flight 404

As some of you know, I'd rather use a brillo pad to scrub my balls than listen to reggae, so they won't be staying at Vallance Towers for long, but what to do? I had intended to dump them with the guy at Big Apple in Nottingham who loves his reggae and hope to get something in trade. But maybe they're worth a tad more? Googling hasn't helped so I'm at the mercy of the Vultures.

Anyone know anything about this type of music?

Benicio
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

"Millie and her Boyfriends" supposedly has a stomping, (non-reggae) instrumental on it by mistake instead of one of the listed tracks. You might want to check that out.

Not familiar with the other two. With comps, it depends to some extent on what they've got on them - if its UK recorded or "stringed up" stuff you might have trouble shifting

Your best bet for values might be the dreaded RC book.
    Endless Tripe

Comment

Latest RC prices are:

Various - You Left Me Standing £20
      Various -Reggae Flight 404 £15

Millie ain't mentioned. Of course those prices probably haven't been updated in about ten years so they may go for a totally different amount.

Comment

Cheers lads.

Not worth the hassle really.

I'll just dump 'em with The Duke and hope to get £10 or so in trades.

Benicio
        Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

"You Left me Standing" has a Jackie Mittoo tune called Got My Boogaloo a cover of sorts of Got my Mojo Working. It's pretty good! £15.00 aprox, £20.00 at a push. Ive always kept mine for that track alone but the tracks by Ther Rulers are cool too.
          You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

Yeah, I agree with Boney V - "Got My Boogaloo" is the only reason I've kept the "You Left Me Standing" LP...

I love finding old Trojan albums, it's just a shame that before you get a chance to get all excited about what you've found, you've whipped the vinyl from the sleeve and 9 times outta 10, its fookin' battered... mullered beyond belief... "Previously enjoyed" as you might politely say... damn !

I'd rather listen to reggae than scrub your balls Benny !
            If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

only reason? those Rulers tracks are excellent, as is the Clarendonians one. you people have no taste obviously! ::

what's the 'Pour on the Sauce' track like? sounds potentially interesting and can't find a single thing on Google...

Comment

that was supposed to be a wink there, i think the smileys must be buggered up...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Jan. 13 2004,11:38)]that was supposed to be a wink there, i think the smileys must be buggered up...
                  I think Serms disabled that yonks ago since it constantly buggers up parentheses. It's amazing that the lack of winking ability hasn't precipitated an all out war of Biblical proportions - there's know way of signifying sarcasm...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                  X