X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid week digs

Couple of bits, made all the better as it was still on work's time:
    1) Rene Netto LP - LSI PRESENTS. LSI Recs USA
    (Looked to be a fairly horrid / bland big band jazzer but with a well decent covers of Papa's Gotta Brand New Bag & Watermelon Man that funk & if they were on an obscure 45 would go for loot)

2) Ed Thigpen's Action Re-Action LP Sonet (Euro)
    OXFAM LANCASTER - £6.00

+ a Young Generation on RCA (.50p)
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Yesterday I found:

The Muppet Show Music Hall a missing seven inch for my Muppet collection

Rupert Bear - You Can't Catch Me/Adventures two tracks from the Firebird album on a seven inch

Christmas Sing-in With The Gunter Kallman Choir found a month too late. Nick Ingman, Mike Vickers, Bernard Ebbinghouse and Norrie Paramor.

Cy Payne - Childrens TV Themes finally found me one of these as I was diving through boxes because the junk shop man was trying to kick me out and close up. It was quarter past three.

The Joseph Consortium - Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dream Coat this is great. On Decca. An official version with Webber and Rice and David Daltery doing vocals and The Mixed Bag doing the music. Very groovy with some drums and samples and stuff.

South African Souvenir double vinyl touristy thing from 1981 with a great drum/weird percussion track called 'More Drum Rhythms'. Plus some Mariam Makeba who I'm pretty sure had been disowned by the South African government at that point. Ooh there's a whole side of animal noises too. The lady in the charity shop said 'That's a good one.' and she was right.

Hair - Original Broadway Cast first press, thick vinyl.

The Button Down Brass the one with the silver cover

Jesus Christ Superstar official version

Jesus Christ Superstar Hallmark version

Plus some other bits too.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (BoneyVotel @ Jan. 14 2004,00:21)]2) Ed Thigpen's Action Re-Action LP Sonet (Euro)
      OXFAM LANCASTER - £6.00
      I like that lp nice find ..

Comment

I just found Johnny Almond Music Machine "Hollywood Blues" lp in the Oxfam Record shop for £1.99 - must have mislaid the book or summat.
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Jan. 14 2004,16:01)]I just found Johnny Almond Music Machine "Hollywood Blues" lp in the Oxfam Record shop for £1.99 - must have mislaid the book or summat.
          Ooh, I'd like a blast of that next weekend - I've been wondering what that's like for a while.

No digging but I collected Jeff Wayne Space Shuttle LP and Little Milton 'More And More' from the PO on the way to work to be listened to this evening (and disturbingly they were slightly warm to the touch when they handed them over ).
          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Today I got:

Jesus Acosta and the Professionals: LP promoting tourism in Belize. Looks promising. Version of "Also Sprach Zarathrusta" described on the back as "funk". 50p

"How to become the sensuous woman" LP on Atlantic with music by Tony Camillo. 50p.

Promo LP on Island with some Ze stuff on it. 99p

Pile of oddball 7" singles (49p each)
            Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Jan. 14 2004,16:24)]Jesus Acosta and the Professionals
              that's a brilliant name. a record with an artist called that simply cannot be bad.
              http://www.blaxploitation.com
              Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] ]
                Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Jan. 14 2004,16:01)]I just found Johnny Almond Music Machine "Hollywood Blues" lp in the Oxfam Record shop for £1.99 - must have mislaid the book or summat.
                Ooh, I'd like a blast of that next weekend - I've been wondering what that's like for a while.  
                ... Had this LP for a while, hardly ever comes off the shelf. I personally was very disappointed in it...
                If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] ]Today I got:

Jesus Acosta and the Professionals: LP promoting tourism in Belize. Looks promising. Version of "Also Sprach Zarathrusta" described on the back as "funk". 50p
                  ... I bet that's a banger. It kinda feels right, doesn't it...

... We await your verdict, Son Of Stan ! ! !
                  If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

I'll stick with 'Patent Pending' then...
                    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] ]I'll stick with 'Patent Pending' then...
                      ...Rich you'll do right mate - "Hollywood..." pales in comparison..

Comment

Diving into the heavy digging trends two years late as usual, I found some KPMs on Monday.

Got "Flamboyant Themes vol 2" which has some good Keith Mansfield tunes on it ("my, what a flamboyant theme!&quot, another one with some decent Keith gear ("Incidental Backcloth&quot and John Cameron "Jazzrock".

+ some okay Parrys and Boosey & Hawkes.

...and I passed over a whole heap of shockers... couldn't resist a Parry 1985 "Street Party" though - might be two years ahead of the trend on that one eh...

All nice and cheap too.

Comment

Had an appointment with some doc and returned to the office with these:

Sounds Galactic - an astromusical odyssey
                          James Last - well kept secret
                          and some BASF quadra comps.

Lucky find in a thrift store I haven´t been before, strong EX, 2€ each.
                          I was double cured.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] ]I'll stick with 'Patent Pending' then...
                            Me too
                            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Sie Vulture @ Jan. 14 2004,16:57)]
                              Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] ]Today I got:

... I bet that's a banger. It kinda feels right, doesn't it...

... We await your verdict, Son Of Stan ! ! !
                              Not outstanding but pretty good, I think. More uptempo than most versions, lots of percussion and with a pleasing dashed off quality to it (the brass section goes a bit off key at times).... The rest of the LP's pretty dire though.

"The Sensuous Woman" one features a tiny bit of music followed by two sides of some girl droning on and on about her sex life. Very nice packaging though.
                              Endless Tripe

Comment

Working...
                              X