Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James last lps...

Trying to thin out a few trades....

I obviously need some sort of professional help.....
    Matt Hero

you need help

Comment

I just found one that I hadn't seen before called 'Rock Me Gently'. It has covers of 'One Fine Morning' (Lighthouse) and 'Indiana Wants Me' (R Dean Taylor). It's James' tribute to Canadian Songwriters.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Jan. 14 2004,14:53)]I just found one that I hadn't seen before called 'Rock Me Gently'. It has covers of 'One Fine Morning' (Lighthouse) and 'Indiana Wants Me' (R Dean Taylor). It's James' tribute to Canadian Songwriters.  
        Passed that up quite a few times - that's the one with the Maple leaf shaped picture on the front right ? Worth a quid ?
        Matt Hero

Comment

Blighty - I quite often see that but have been too scared to pick it up - worth 50p?

Matt - what do you think of "Black Magic Woman" on that Concert Brass LP ? (at least I think thats what's lurking in the bottom left corner).
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

That's the one. I paid a quid and I was happy with what I got. The tracks are very similar to the Beach Party stuff. The album opens with a break, 'Indiana Wants Me' is a nice Moogy version and 'One Fine Morning' works well in a James Last stylee.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Jan. 14 2004,15:00)]Matt - what do you think of "Black Magic Woman" on that Concert Brass LP ? (at least I think thats what's lurking in the bottom left corner).
              I've only got the sleeve - it came in a box of records out of the loft at my mum's school. It was the only half decent looking record in the bunch and was the only one missing the actual record

Alf Bigden on the skins too....
              Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] ]Alf Bigden on the skins too....
                Aye - that's why I picked it up - two decent tunes but they suffer from a lack of any discernable bass - I'll let you hear them next week.
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Alf Bigden does drum tuition these days, you know....a chance to learn at the sticks of the master!

And I was wondering where all the copies of 'Well Kept Secret' went - I had to go to Stranraer to find one! (25p too - not bad)

Comment

Where's 'Beach Party's 4,5 and 6'?
                    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Jan. 14 2004,16:55)]Where's 'Beach Party's 4,5 and 6'?
                      5 & 6 are downstairs in the rack, along with the various alt sleeved copies of 1, 2 & 3. Missing No 4.

I've found similar sized piles of 'Big Terror Movie Themes', 'Snowbird' and a *huge* pile of 'Non Stop Pepsi Party'. If anyone sees me attempting to buy any copies of these LPs, stop me.

SGA is another matter.... found I didn't have nearly enough spare copies of the good titles aftrer all
                      Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Jan. 14 2004,17:03)]'Snowbird'
                        I was gonna post this 'cos I thought you meant Leo Sayer's debut album. Either way - what are thinking? Can anyoen really want reissues of Leo on CD? RPM does quite a bit of good stuff but really?

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/rpm/silverbird/leosayer.htm
                        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
                        X