Stereo galaxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo galaxy

Picked up an album by The Frantics called 'Rock 'N' Roll Revival' on Stereo Galaxy which is another Leo Muller label. Lots of classic Rock N Roll covers, yet another Muller arrangement of 'House Of The Rising Sun' and a Muller original called 'House Rockin' Time' which turns out to be 'Cyclone Blues' with saxophone dubbed over the top. Anyone else encountered any Stereo Galaxy stuff?

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Jan. 16 2004,13:20)]Picked up an album by The Frantics called 'Rock 'N' Roll Revival' on Stereo Galaxy which is another Leo Muller label. Lots of classic Rock N Roll covers, yet another Muller arrangement of 'House Of The Rising Sun' and a Muller original called 'House Rockin' Time' which turns out to be 'Cyclone Blues' with saxophone dubbed over the top. Anyone else encountered any Stereo Galaxy stuff?
    There is a blue covered LP 'Hammond Organ Dance Party' - credited to Duke Grant [G803] which seems to be pretty much culled from other SGA Lps...includes that Mr Scruff sampled long funky version of 'Guantanamera', which I think is on one of the Big Jim H LPs too.
    Matt Hero

Comment

'Guantanamera' is on the Red Big Jim H album. This is G802. I wonder how many came out.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Jan. 16 2004,13:40)]'Guantanamera' is on the Red Big Jim H album. This is G802. I wonder how many came out.
        Believe it or not, I've not actually got that one. Got a *sleeve* but no record..... I need to check through the racks to work out which ones I need.
        Matt Hero

Comment

That red sga is the only one I need too. Never seen it. Bizarre huh.
          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

i need it too&#33;
            and possibly the blue one? or is that &#39;Duke Grant&#39;?

like everyone, i have loads of spares of the Jungle Fever and Go ones tho&#33;

Comment

The red one is duke grant I think. Yep got a few jungle fevers left. You go for months without seeing any then pick up 3 in one day. bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (sermad @ Jan. 16 2004,14:32)]The red one is duke grant I think. Yep got a few jungle fevers left. You go for months without seeing any then pick up 3 in one day. bizarre.
                If we&#39;re talking about the same red one [MER 378] - then it is a Big Jim H LP.
                Matt Hero

Comment

there&#39;s a red Duke Grant disco one too, possibly the cause of Sermad&#39;s confusion

Comment

yep I was getting confused - unlike me eh.

yes its the red - big jim h one that I need.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Jan. 16 2004,14:49)]there&#39;s a red Duke Grant disco one too, possibly the cause of Sermad&#39;s confusion
                      Yeah, &#39;Disco Gold&#39; I think....well now I&#39;ve established which one we all seem to be after, I see what I can turn up...if any
                      Matt Hero

Comment

I think I&#39;ve got a spare of that - I&#39;ll check tonight.
                        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Jan. 16 2004,13:49)]
                          Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Jan. 16 2004,13:40)]&#39;Guantanamera&#39; is on the Red Big Jim H album. This is G802. I wonder how many came out.
                          Believe it or not, I&#39;ve not actually got that one. Got a *sleeve* but no record..... I need to check through the racks to work out which ones I need.
                          That&#39;s bizarre because I bought a copy of that a few years ago and when I got it home I discovered it had a Jim Reeves album in the sleeve. Usually I check one a while I forget. Anyway I actually finally found a copy of that yesterday along with that Stereo Galaxy album and the Duke Grant &#39;Go&#39; album. My second DG this week actually.

Comment

I&#39;ve got a spare of the Stereo Galaxy Hammond LP if anyone needs one.

The only other Stereo Galaxy LP I know about is a Miller/Dorsey 40s Big Band style LP by (I think) the Cyril Thompson Orchestra. It was actually the sleeve of this one that I found the Hammond LP in&#33;

I believe I&#39;ve got all the Big Jim and Duke Grant LPs - the later Big Jim&#39;s are the best, I think.

Comment

Working...
                            X