Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

A couple of records I saw on the bay recently that I've never encountered before and aren't covered on this site. If anyone can shed some light it would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Ray Davies and The Button Down Brass -- Button Down Party (DJSLM 2002, 1974). Rare Ray Davies set featuring some nice brass-filled lounge arrangements and the Davies original funky groove Keep On Streaking! Tracks: Jambalaya, Avanera, El Condor Pasa, If I DidnÂ’t Care, Waterloo, Alone Again Naturally, Clair, Get Down, Viva Espana, Baby Elephant, You Are The Sunshine Of My Life, If You Go Away, Keep On Streaking, Welcome Home, By Your Side, Rainbow, DonÂ’t Stay Away Too Long.

Johnny Harris and His Orchestra, etc -- International Hits Of The Sixties (Readers Digest GFIH-10AS). Rare 1969 mail order-only lounge/easy album featuring a handful of superb arrangements by Johnny Harris recorded the same year as his classic Footprints On The Moon and in a similar beat-driven orchestral style -- Mr Tamborine Man (a breath-taking arrangement unlike any other version IÂ’ve heard), The Day I Met Marie and If I Only Had Time, by The Johnny Harris Orcherstra -- other tracks by Les Reed, Arthur Greenslade, Robert Norton and Bill Walker Orchestras. Tracks: Delilah, The Last Waltz, IÂ’m A Believer, The Day I Met Marie, San Francisco, This GuyÂ’s In Love With You, Georgy Girl, Down Town, Micehelle, CanÂ’t Buy Me Love, If I Only Had Time, Release Me, Massachusets, I Was Kaider Bills Batman, Mr Tamborine Man.

The Readers Digest Johnny Harris one looks like it's out of a box set, but I can't offer up anymore info than that I'm afraid ...

Sorry I'm not helping much am I dad?
    FunkyDown
    Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

I have both of these and in my very humble opinion they are both pants. In fact if you want either of them - drop me a line.
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I've had the misfortune of purchasing (albeit for about 50p) the Ray Davies before.

As LDJB says It's shite.
        He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

agreed on the Ray Davies. there is however a magnificent, complete cheese cover of Waterloo on there that i've used when desperate to get a party dancefloor started. really desperate.
          http://www.blaxploitation.com
          Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

</span>
            Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] ]Quote: from theeman on 8:53 am on April 17, 2003
            there is however a magnificent, complete cheese cover of Waterloo on there that i've used when desperate to get a party dancefloor started. really desperate.
            <span =''>

Sounds like a whole new level of desperation to me. Prime Red Leicester for sure.

Comment

Cheers guys. I'm no longer bother I couldn't afford to bid.

Comment

Working...
              X