Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Records

well I might be finally off soon on that big trip round europe if these people rent my gaff out. So was wondering what you lot reckon on longer term storage of your records.

In the loft or garage at my mums? I may beable to get a cupboard but then my brothers are gonna check em out and fuck them over. You probably know what siblings are like.

Also I got pvcs covers for the best of them but do you reckon its a good idea to put the boxes of records in a bin liner or is this gonna keep more condensation in?

Any further advice? And no you aint having them either.
    Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (eclipsechaser @ Jan. 17 2004,19:54)]well I might be finally off soon on that big trip round europe if these people rent my gaff out. So was wondering what you lot reckon on longer term storage of your records.

In the loft or garage at my mums?  I may beable to get a cupboard but then my brothers are gonna check em out and fuck them over. You probably know what siblings are like.

Also I got pvcs covers for the best of them but do you reckon its a good idea to put the boxes of records in a bin liner or is this gonna keep more condensation in?

Any further advice? And no you aint having them either.
    Lofts get pretty hot - I wouldn't risk sticking any wax in there. Wouldn't leave vinyl in a garage either - weird musty smells eventually. Shit, half of my carboot purchases have a similar odour to tramps piss (or so I'm told). Best bet is to stick a lock on the cupboard. I wouldn't do the bin liner thing. Your priority is obviously to find somewhere cool & dry. If it's dark too, then that's an extra bonus. How many rooms has your gaff got? If it's a 3 bedroom jobby, rent it as a 2 bedroom & Fort Knox the 3rd room - that's what I did a few years ago.
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

I have had part of my collection stored in my garage for about 7 years. The records are packed in wooden boxes and I just put a PVC sheet over the top. I check them every year or so to make sure they are ok, and they seem to be fine.
      Oh how I dram of a bigger flat.
      www.soundclick.com/bboyparkz

Comment

Working...
      X