Quincy jones "the pawnbroker" ost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quincy jones "the pawnbroker" ost

Found this today, but it was in a shop where they wouldnt let me check it out, so i need opinions, is it any good? Tried blaxploitation.com, but couldnt find it, does this mean it doesnt have the funk???

no funk. it's from about 65. some great jazz and latin-y stuff though, and it's quite hard to find.
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Whats a decent price to pay for it?

Comment

20 bucks or less prolly.
        http://www.blaxploitation.com
        Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

No funk. Strictly mid 60's jazz. Up to 20 bucks max for a minty copy, although you can find them for less.

"Rack 'Em Up" was the track for me.
          If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the feedback lads, soundtracks tend to be quite pricey here in Tokyo. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (saru75 @ Jan. 19 2004,11:10)]Thanks a lot for the feedback lads, soundtracks tend to be quite pricey here in Tokyo. Cheers
              saru75--you looking for the lp or the cd version? I've got the cd version which I got pretty cheap in the US. I'm sure Dusty Groove has them for an affordable price. check 'em out.

Comment

No funk whatsoever

But it has a killer read (spoken word w/ music) titled
                "How Come You People" by Rod Steiger, who IS the pawnbroker,
                teaching his "student" how he "became to be so good with money"

Jack

Comment

Working...
                X