Grand Slam launch party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Slam launch party

Folks, Grand Slam Mag is having a launch party. It s on the 10th April, at the 333 club, Old Street, Shoreditch, London E2. (10pm-3am).

If anyone is interested in going, let me know, as I can get a few tickets.

On the decks we have:

John Stapleton (Dope on Plastic)
    The Anthropologist (Deftex)
    Miss Shingaling (Philly Archives)
    Keb Darge (Deepfunk)

So, there's a Vulture on the decks, which is always a good start :biggrin:

manzo
    Don't call it a comeback... H, N, and the number 7.
    Ok, it's a bit of a comeback, I suppose...

I'd love to go this night, hopefully I think someone might be able to sort some tickets at tonight's London meet, otherwise I'll drop you an email, Manzo...
    http://wakeupanddie.com
    http://weirdgearnyc.com
    http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Sure, let me know. Rich will be coming too, so there could be a few vultures there, in addition to the one on the decks.

manzo

Comment

Darn. I wanted to come along to this, unfortunately I'll be playing live with Mr.Güder that night at the Salmon & Compasses in old Islington Village ....

http://www.funkydown.co.uk/downloads/Mr.Guder-SGBv3.mov

Somebody get some Grand Slam pics to share round on Friday ...

rubs. x
        FunkyDown
        Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

Rubs. I was so pissed off - I saw the poster at the salmon last night and clocked it was the same night as the grand slam gig.

hey why didnt you come down last night mate! It was carnage :biggrin:
          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Well, the Slam gig is on 'til 3am, any chance you can make it after your gig?

Sermad, you sorted for tickets now?

manzo

Comment

they said it was too late for tickets so I have to email them names. Im just trying to sort it out now.

Comment

</span>
                Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Dr Rubberfunk on 11:21 am on April 8, 2003
                Darn. I wanted to come along to this, unfortunately I'll be playing live with Mr.Güder that night at the Salmon &amp; Compasses in old Islington Village ....
                <span =''>

Aha! You might be able to answer my question then: Is 'Mr Guder' a Carpenters reference? I discovered a track by the same name on Sunday, on (I think) the 'Close To You' album. Sort of cool bossa, with a scatty baroque vocal section, and lyrics about a robot being in love...very strange, especially for The Carpenters.

Comment

And yes Sermad, it was carnage. My bloody head this morning... must have been a bad pint, eh?:wink:

Comment

</span>
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Big Nick on 1:54 pm on April 8, 2003
                    </span>
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Dr Rubberfunk on 11:21 am on April 8, 2003
                    Darn. I wanted to come along to this, unfortunately I'll be playing live with Mr.Güder that night at the Salmon &amp; Compasses in old Islington Village ....
                    <span =''>

Aha! You might be able to answer my question then: Is 'Mr Guder' a Carpenters reference? I discovered a track by the same name on Sunday, on (I think) the 'Close To You' album. Sort of cool bossa, with a scatty baroque vocal section, and lyrics about a robot being in love...very strange, especially for The Carpenters.
                    <span =''>

Yes - 'tis from that very track. Classic case of 'we need a name for this' 'er, hang on - let me look at the back of this record...'

I'm sure I read that it was written about Richard Carpenter's boss when he was in the house band at Disney Land (or World - I forget which)

Well spotted anyhow ...

Manzo &gt;&gt;&gt; if it's on til 3 I may well try and come over, but I'll have a car full of drums ...

Sermad &gt;&gt;&gt; yeah, I flaked out again - I was having a bit of a mad one yesterday - in every sense of the word - some crazy developments in the pipeline ... (don't mean to tease by the way, just don't wanna jinx it )

But I hope it rocks over with the Grand Slammers. Say 'ello to Bones for me - cos we've never met. Ours is still a virtual relationship ...
                    FunkyDown
                    Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

A tentative plan, for those with tickets (all tickets have been allocated now, if not actually sent out!), is to meet up at a pub called the &quot;Bridge and Tunnel&quot;, any time after 9pm.

That's right, isn't it Sermad?

So who else is going from this board?

manzo

Comment

</span>
                        Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] ]So who else is going from this board?
                        <span =''>See you there. Does Sermad's Lego hair count as one of those trendy wonky haircuts that will amuse Mr. Wilson?

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Oh yeah! Sermad's next boot is gonna be called 'Can I Get a Haircut'!!
                          ... well can I?
                          http://wakeupanddie.com
                          http://weirdgearnyc.com
                          http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

oi!

I like my unfashionable 'mop'.

um I havent heard back from grand slam about the tickets. I guess we are going to have to bust in on someones guest list?

Comment

who needs to be on the list?
                              We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Working...
                              X