Nissan micra advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan micra advert

just seen a nissan micra advert using some music i remember from the pink panther cartoons, anyone else seen this /know what it is?

also the new flora ad uses the original 'pata pata' if i'm not mistaken.
    I want to go to the land of ooog!

Someone else was watching 'Relocation...' tonight then
    Matt Hero

Comment

It's 'A Shot In The Dark' by Henry Mancini. A nice tune, but I slightly prefer the version on the cartoons.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (happy monster @ Jan. 21 2004,20:56)]also the new flora ad uses the original 'pata pata' if i'm not mistaken.
        It's a cover. Probably recorded for the advert. Miriam Makeba's vocals are unmistakeable and utterly beautiful. The woman in the Flora ads vocals don't come close.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Jan. 21 2004,22:09)]Someone else was watching 'Relocation...' tonight then
          no sir, i was watching spooks off DVD (honest)

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Jan. 21 2004,22:09)]It's 'A Shot In The Dark' by Henry Mancini. A nice tune, but I slightly prefer the version on the cartoons.
            thanks for that L.T.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Jan. 21 2004,22:18)]
              Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (happy monster @ Jan. 21 2004,20:56)]also the new flora ad uses the original 'pata pata' if i'm not mistaken.
              It's a cover. Probably recorded for the advert. Miriam Makeba's vocals are unmistakeable and utterly beautiful. The woman in the Flora ads vocals don't come close.
              thanks for correcting me blighty

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (happy monster @ Jan. 21 2004,22:21)]
                Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Jan. 21 2004,22:18)]
                Originally posted by [b
                thanks for correcting me blighty
                lol You make me sound like a school teacher. It's just that I saw that advert at the weekend and the vocals are those typical souless session singer ad vocals where as Miriam Makeba has one of the most beautiful and unique voices I've ever heard. This is what her version of 'Pata Pata' sounds like.

Comment

Then again I could be wrong.

http://www.commercialbreaksandbeats.co.uk/advance....any=yes

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (happy monster @ Jan. 21 2004,22:18)]
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Jan. 21 2004,22:09)]Someone else was watching 'Relocation...' tonight then
                    no sir, i was watching spooks off DVD (honest)
                    The idea of someone actually buying Spooks instead of stumbling across it on UK Gold at three in the morning gets me spooked!  

Though it does boast a rather fit lass, the dude spook is a drip - must good for some wetwork eh? eh? !
                    http://wakeupanddie.com
                    http://weirdgearnyc.com
                    http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Theres a top ska version of "A shot in the dark" by someone like Roland Alfonso. Its in the excellent Top Deck 7" box set that's been about for a while.
                      Endless Tripe

Comment

Working...
                      X