New records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New records

What good new music can people recommend?
    records - one a week mixcloud
    records - one a week soundcloud

Anything on GAMM.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

new/forthcoming records by
      Electrelane
      Oneida
      Knowledge Of Bugs EP
      Bobby Conn
      Fuck
      Squarepusher EP
      ill Ease
      The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Sermad - I have two releases on GAMM, Red Astaire and the Pharoah Sanders cover. Have I missed others?

By the way, I&#39;m in Copenhagen at the moment and I&#39;ve picked up some nice Danish Hip-Hop and new funk but Sahib still proves elusive.

Comment

There&#39;s been a new batch of gamms outfor a while now. The biggest being &quot;crazy in kingston&quot;. Guess which vocals it mixes into what type of beat?

Also at least 4-5 others inc. the vocals of E. Badu, Outkast, Lil Kim, Unspoken Heard, Beatnuts, Pete Rock &amp; CL Smooth, InI, Artifacts, Q-Tip, Common and so forth.
          er

Comment

New(ish) things I like are:

Amy Winehouse - Take The Box (Seijii remix)
            Ambelique - Talk Like That
            Aretha Franklin - Happy
            Chris Joss - The Gnomes Lesson One
            Jst*r - No Diggity?
            Roy Davis - About Love

The GAMM&#39;s may have been out a while ago, but you had to be quick to get them (bar Follow Me) and I wasn&#39;t&#33;

Apparently they are all getting repressed in the next few months.

Fingers crossed
            He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Do these GAMM releases have a generic house sleeve, or do they have individual ones? Just asking so i know what to look for.

Comment

There are 8 GAMM&#39;s now&#33; 4-8 are being repressed now.

Follow me was in the first 3. Sposed to have sold 5000 copies&#33;

They come in a black sleeve - they all have a different colour label on the vinyl. Will be fairly easy to find in japan - Ive been told nearly all of the original pressing goes there&#33;

If you see 4-8 mate - please get one for me&#33;

Comment

Ok, will be looking for some sunday or monday, let u know how i get on.

Comment

I&#39;d be interested in what you can turn up too....

The only GAMM I want is Crazy In Kingston, but then again bar that, the Got To Have Freedom one and Follow Me, I haven&#39;t heard any of the others to see if I&#39;d want them or not
                    He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ Jan. 24 2004,13:28)]I&#39;d be interested in what you can turn up too....

The only GAMM I want is Crazy In Kingston, but then again bar that, the Got To Have Freedom one and Follow Me, I haven&#39;t heard any of the others to see if I&#39;d want them or not
                      The flip to CRazy is a great Brazilian beats track called Balanca.

The others are:-

*sebi - comin through ep
                      various hip hop vocals over new tracks. Q-Tip / Beatnuts etc - Nice but not as jazzy as the Red Astaire stuff

*red astaire - rollin stone
                      Not sure what the lyrics are from but similar vibe to Follow me with a great bossa jazz backbeat and slight dub touches. The flip is more of a hip hop style beats and vox.

*speech defect - i wanna do my thing
                      This is great with some instrumental/cut and paste dancefloor tracks and some nice funky vocal hip hop. I&#39;m presuming this ISN&#39;T bootlegged Acapellas, but 5 genuine new tracks

*johnny darkos - supreme love
                      Mad deep clubby versions of Coltrane&#39;s famous track. This is growing on me - it&#39;s not got a cheesy four-four beat or even a typical broken beats- just a hypnotic repetitive vibe. The flip is more of a broken/D&amp;B style...

Not sure which is which number, but anyone should grab these if they&#39;d like something a bit different and DAMN GOOD&#33;

Comment

Where&#39;s the best place for all the GAMMs? The last couple I got came from SoulJazz but they only had a few in stock.

Comment

At the moment nowhere has them. Should be a few weeks and they&#39;ll hit the uk proper. I&#39;ll shout when I see them.

Comment

Good man Sermad.

Comment

Drew a blank on the GAMMs today, sold out at the couple of places i went to, but will try some other shops later in the week. Found a german bootleg though, that mixes &quot;Bring the noise&quot; with M&#39;s &quot;Pop musik&quot;, and Nas with the Doors. Dont normally go for that kind of stuff (Soundly Beaten excepted, ) but today i was hooked&#33;&#33;

Comment

Working...
                              X