Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever wanted to learn those hot disco moves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever wanted to learn those hot disco moves?

I don't normally post links but this I just had to share.

http://jimmac.musichall.cz/stuff/Discofinska.mpeg
    Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Genius. I love the song, too, something about Moscow at a guess? Could be the follow-up to Ra-Ra-Rasputeeen lover of the Russian queen.
    http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

What's my mum doing there?
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I wonder how many

-clones there were in the disco era.
        It ain&#39;t shakey

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (sermad @ Jan. 23 2004,15:23)]What&#39;s my mum doing there?
          dancing with my dad
          http://www.blaxploitation.com
          Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Jan. 23 2004,15:01)]Genius. I love the song, too, something about Moscow at a guess? Could be the follow-up to Ra-Ra-Rasputeeen lover of the Russian queen.
            Mind you, try watching it with *no* sound. Oddly far more disturbing&#33;
            Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Jan. 23 2004,15:01)]Genius. I love the song, too, something about Moscow at a guess? Could be the follow-up to Ra-Ra-Rasputeeen lover of the Russian queen.
              Immer wieder gut, dieses Video...

Actually, the song is kind of sort of a follow up to Ra Ra Rusputin. That one is by Boney M, which is of course Frank Farian, one of the most successful German producers. The &quot;Moskau&quot; song is by the don of German Schlager, Ralph Siegel. The Group is called Dschinghis Khan whose self-titled debut single was the German entry to the Eurovision Grand Prix in 1979. The macho/martial lyrics didnÂ’t really convince all neighbors (zero points from Israel, if I remember correctly)Â…
              They were riding through the desert / 1000 man and one in the lead / the hoofs of their horses whipped the sand / they carried fear and terror in all countries / and neither thunder nor lightning could stop them.
              And every woman he liked / he took into his tent / the girl who didnÂ’t love him didnÂ’t exist / he begot seven children in just one night / and he only laughed at his enemies / as nobody was able to withstand his might.

Â… but managed to achieved a respectable forth position, nevertheless.

Moskau was the follow up single and conveys similar sentiments and geopolitical analysis.

This was followed by many more songs that lead us around the world: Sahara, Puszta, Samurai, China Boy, Der Verräter (the traitor), Hadschi Halef Omar, Himalaya, Loreley, Mexico, Pistolero, Rom.
              None of which you should try to find.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Mr_Hopkinson @ Jan. 24 2004,14:57)]
                Originally posted by [b
                Mind you, try watching it with *no* sound. Oddly far more disturbing&#33;
                I stand corrected&#33;
                Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

need to bump this for this finnish representative, tho they&#39;ve more than likely seen it..

the disco dancing dude is *allegedly* a twat tho- kicked his daughter out aged 16 etc etc.. technically a great dancer tho..

Comment

the singing voices almost sound a bit early 70s morricone&#33; a classic clip.

Comment

its from finnish tv. in courtesy of the second biggest danceteacher-celebrity in the country, åke blomqvist. the tunes is dschinghis khan&#39;s moscow, i remember correctly. peep the trainers, they started reissuing them, but no one got the idea of using this little clip in the advertisments... well.

and its seems that i can&#39;t read... apologies, of course the tune is what it is...
                      er

Comment

Somehow this seems to be the right thread for posting this

It&#39;s a selection of pics of groups from the 70s Swedish dansband scene - Gert Jonnys seem to have a bit of a cult following in the US on the strength of one picture, but I&#39;m more of a Garvis man myself. I think Garvis is one of the best band names ever&#33;

I think I might have an LP by a dansband called Bennys somewhere......

Comment

The bottom picture (with the green pants) is pretty revealing...

What do you call a camel toe on a man ?

Comment

there&#39;s a couple of good dansband records tou: by the polarna. the other one&#39;s got a cover version time is tight and the other a latin banger called bomba. the latter with a miniscule break with flutes and stuff. pretty impressive from a band that is called &quot;the mates&quot; actually...
                            er

Comment

Didn&#39;t know that dansband records got some heat, I see those records all the time, especially a lot of swedish and norvegian stuff. That kind of music was, and is still very popular here...
                              What stuff should I look for?

Comment

Working...
                              X