B. chase - what? who? anymore? help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B. chase - what? who? anymore? help!

spring cleanout time and i came across an old Sony SQ Stereo Sampler LP with an excerpt of a great track called "Open Up Wide" credited to Chase (B.Chase - composer credits).  But no other info at all...  

it's a fabulous, brassy, uptempo, full-on drums, funk affair - ideally suited to the stereo balance talk guff opening the record with "You are about to hear something very exciting indeed". Quite..

anyway, i'm rambling.

my question is, anyone know who this is, where it originates from, and - trembles with anticipation - if there's a whole album of similar material by Chase i need to track down?

I've got the Chase LP with 'Open Up Wide' on it, and very good it is too.

It's called 'Chase', unsurprisingly, and other recommended tracks are 'Get It On' (not the T-Rex track) and 'Hello Groceries'. Interesting version of 'Handbags and Gladrags' too!

Comment

excellent! thanks for the info.. i'll hunt it down pronto.

curious to see how the track pans out as the stereo sampler LP only features about 45 seconds of it.

presumably it's on sony's own label then?

Comment

It's on the Epic label, and I think Sony own them now - I don't know whether they did then, though!

Oh, and compare and contrast 'Open Up Wide' with 'Opening Music' on the LP 'James Last Live!' - If I were Mr Chase (and weren't dead) I'd sue!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Jan. 24 2004,18:24)]I've got the Chase LP with 'Open Up Wide' on it, and very good it is too.

It's called 'Chase', unsurprisingly, and other recommended tracks are 'Get It On' (not the T-Rex track) and 'Hello Groceries'. Interesting version of 'Handbags and Gladrags' too!
          "Get it on" rocks!!! I got the spanish 45..I recently discovered that it was sampled by the infamous Evolution Control Committee.

Cheers,

Alejandro.

Comment

there's also a killer cover of 'get it on' by sammy davis jr on his 'sammy' tv show OST... cheap as chips and ace
            http://www.blaxploitation.com
            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

I like the dude in Chase who looks like a refugee from a live-action Asterix shoot on the first album and then on the next he's sporting a ringmaster moustache. Unfortunately there's no picture of him on the third album and then Bill Chase died in a plane crash and all descends into mystery.

A word of warning: they have a habit of employing very bad vocalists which leaves them in the "don't pay more than a fiver" category for me. I'm talking about $NZ5 too.

Comment

Working...
              X